News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH while on the bus ride home. Always forget mimeo.

A rather messy shortstop-painful.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

cathwen

Good morning!

Memo was my last word yesterday.  I think mimeo was second last.

QB-1 this morning! 

LB:  I had trains-shopful yesterday—'a quantity sufficient to fill a shop,' according to dictionary.com.  I raise an eyebrow at that one, but okay.

I have a 2fer today with reasonable words.

And ab_grp, thanks so much for the links to globle and nerdl! 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

We each have two words left, same numbers of letters.  Kind of tough for me today! Yesterday my final one was pompom.

For LB, I had the same solution as ciao_yall.  I thought it might be the schmofficial one, but I guess not, and it doesn't sound as though anyone found that one so far.  Cathwen, I was trying to get something with -ful, to no avail.  The definition makes sense, at least! Always worth a try. Congrats on your 2fers today, Langue_doc and cathwen!

I'm glad if folks are enjoying the other puzzles! I came across another one similar to Globle called Worldle.  I did not have much luck with it and kind of prefer Globle, but here it is: https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/  For this one, you also have to guess a country, territory, etc. and it will give you the # miles away you are, a direction, and "the proximity from your guess and the target country."  I am not sure how to interpret that final one. 

Interesting crossword today.  A typical Thursday, though I thought something was either really wrong with me or it for a while.  That took some time away from the bee but is done now.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got to QBABM earlier, thankfully, and finally got a 2fer!

Parasaurolophus

Blah, I'm falling 14 short today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and genius. Last words yesterday were achy and nova.

waxing/goldfish--gah!

ab_grp, hope daughter made it safely down the driveway and back.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Beta with three pangrams.  Yesterday I almost made QBABM but got stuck on the last word—so I took a peek at the grid and saw that I was missing a 4L word beginning with A.  Then I immediately saw achy!  I've missed that one before.  Ab_grp, congratulations on QBABM!

LB:  I also had waxing-goldfish.  Were there any other solutions?  I have a 2fer today, but it took a while to find it.

Now to get to work, then reward myself with more puzzles. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

We didn't start the puzzles yet today.  Had to get kid out to an appt an husband to work call.  Yesterday I think chancy was my final one.

I had the same LB solution yesterday.  Congrats on another one today, cathwen!

Langue_doc, thanks! She made it to work and back and then out to the college and back yesterday.  She's currently en route to her appt across town, so we'll see how that goes.  I am really glad that we didn't receive enough precipitation to stay around and freeze, because it is definitely cold enough to do so.  I think we probably terrorized her enough with thoughts of black ice, so hopefully she will take her time and everyone else will as well.  Husband works out by the mountains and luckily went in Wednesday briefly and didn't have to go yesterday, as there was enough snow and ice to close the roads out that way.  Makes a big difference where you are in this little region! I was also glad we didn't have ice on the driveway yesterday with it being trash day.  It's a pain enough to get that can up and down the slope on a normal day.  I've almost been pulled into the street myself.  And forget it when the winds hit.

I'll go work on LB and sudoku until it's time for coffee and co-puzzling.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Luckily the crossword was quick for a Friday so we could get right to the bee.  I am down to one word, but I have been struggling with it for a while.  Husband is down to three, not at Alpha yet as two are long, and then he will have a word left same length as mine, so I don't know if we have team QB or not.  But I did get sudokus done and some okay starts at LB.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer!

As for the bee, we got a team QB but not individual QBs today.  Husband helped me with one word that we both needed that he guessed, and I helped him with the two he was missing.  I don't think I would have gotten my final word without his help.  Good enough!

Langue_doc

Congrats ab_grp.

I've been getting to QB by noon these past few days. I'll probably not get around to LB as I've been on the phone and am now waiting for the crosswords.

As for keeping track of SB and LB streaks, I wrote to the games contact email, but had no response whatsoever.

It's been raining all day with the forecast of freezing rain and ice for the evening and night, but now there's a layer of snow on the cars. Tomorrow's bird walk was rescheduled, so I'm staying put this weekend.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations on the QBs yesterday, ab_grp and Langue_doc!

I caved and checked hints for the last four words:  coldcock/ed and deke/dDeke was a new word for me.

LB:  I had the "official" penumbra-avow.  I found a 2fer today. 

Langue_doc, that's too bad about the cancelled bird walk.  We were supposed to get freezing rain last night, too.  I don't know whether it ever materialized, as I went to bed early, but this morning everything looks pretty normal.  I'm worrying in advance (my specialty) about Monday, though—up until today forecasts have been for good weather, but today's forecast shows some freezing rain for Monday.  I have to drive my husband to a hospital about 30 minutes away that morning.  I used to drive in this stuff all the time when I lived farther north, but it's been a while, and I'm nervous.  Ugh!

Anyway—happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH and waxing-goldfish.