Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Genius but no pangram today.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word was wayward and now I have an earworm.

LB - Holy obscure animals, Batman! Found a hints thread on the SB Community, did some Googling, found jaguarundi-imply. I was happy with a 2fer b4ss jumping-grandly and a pretty tight 3fer jai-implying-gradual.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Haven't gotten too far on puzzles this morning after needing some extra sleep.  I did get the pangram.  Yesterday I needed help with airway, dyad, razz.

No luck on LB.  I had jaguar and couldn't come up with any other words with J that seemed as though they would be useful, but I don't think I would have gotten the longer word.  Congrats!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Evening!

QB--phew!

Two-fer, but I haven't even looked at the crossword.

ciao_yall

GwP, then off to LB so stopped there. What is a peccant?

LB - foulup-prickliest, foulups-sticker.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday was not my best puzzle day!  I had five words remaining when 5:00 rolled around, so I went to hints:  apnea, patentee, paean, peccant, penance.

And congratulations, ciao_yall, on having found 2fers that consist of sensible words!  I had a 2fer, but with odd words:  folkies-sprucest.  The first I knew from having been married (in a previous incarnation) to a guitar store owner involved in the folk scene, so folkies were people distinguished from those who liked other kinds of music.  But sprucest?  I tried that because I had spruce with only s and t remaining, so I added them, and was very surprised when LB accepted them. 

As for today:  I am at QB-2 and as yet have no 2fer.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with two pangrams, not too many words left! I also had a difficult time with yesterday's.  We didn't even have QB.  Peccant was the last one, with patentee not far behind.  I think husband got both of those.

For LB, we had a team 2fer with the same as one of ciao_yall's, foulup-prickliest.  I was kind of surprised it took foulup.  Hopefully I'll find one today, but I am daunted if cathwen doesn't have one yet! I keep wanting to say "the sprucest goosest!", which makes no sense.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Forgot to finish my Bee yesterday. Oops!
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Sorry to hear that, Parasaurolophus! I hope you have better luck today!

I made it to QBABM and have some contenders for LB. 

cathwen

Just made it to QB!  Not quite QBABM, since for the last word I consulted my list of Bee words, and there it was—one I've seen before and should have gotten.

I now have a 2fer, but one of the words is odd.  If I have time, I might try to find another pair. 

Congratulations on QBABM, ab_grp! 

ab_grp

Congratulations on your 2fer, and it sounds close enough to QBABY to me, cathwen! I haven't managed a mate yet but am hopeful.

Langue_doc

Evening!

QB.

trefoils/stickup

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH - Needed a hint for powwow. And glob-bacterium. Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB yesterday, last word lollop, thanks to my list of missed Bee words.

As for LB, I have gobar-reticulum.  Gobar was a desperation try with remaining letters, and I was surprised when it took.  It is apparently dried cow dung used as fuel. 

Today I am at Beta on SB, with six words to go.  As for LB, I found a sensible solution with recognizable words for a change. 

Happy puzzling!