News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to GN4L but am probably not at alpha yet.  Congrats on your quick QB, Langue_doc! Yesterday aleph was my final word.  We had team QB but each needed a word (his was dapped).

I had the same 2fer as ciao_yall.  Congrats on your 2fer again today, and enjoy your crossword and hike!

I have a call this afternoon and need to get groceries so am not sure how much time there will be for puzzles.  I hope for plenty, though!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I got to QBABM today.  Yesterday my last word was dapped.

LB was quilter-runback, also blackened-requite.

No 2fer yet today!  Congratulations on yours, ciao_yall!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Well above genius today. Last word yesterday was fatwa, which I should have seen earlier.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB-3 then off to other things. Probably would have gotten the 3 I missed alfalfa, flat, fifth and achieved QBABM had I been a bit more focused.

LB was unkempt-thorax which looked familiar. Anyone else get a sense of deja vu yesterday?

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, with last word fiat.

Today I'm at QB-4. 

No LB yesterday.  Annoyingly, I had both thorax and unkempt at different times, but did not put them together!  So far, no 2fer today, either.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to GN4L, but I don't think I'm at alpha yet.  I think my final word yesterday was fatal. Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen!

My good contenders led nowhere, so I got husband on the case, and he came up with thorax.  We didn't get a mate for it, though.  Congrats, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Congratulations, Parasaurolophus!

Parasaurolophus

Forgot to update: QB! It's been a while.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius, and then, a couple more pangrams.

Last word yesterday was halva.

favour/rhythmist; I'm surprised that LB accepts British spellings which are rejected by SB.

Easy two-fer today.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL and a wild guess - helve. LB was favoritism-mushy.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB yesterday, last word eave.  Today I am at Genius with one pangram, but apparently there are two others!  I'm finding this a tough one.

LB was the "official" favoritism-mushy. I have a 2fer today as well. 

Congratulations on LB and SB successes yesterday!

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

Beta today.

Edit: Should have added: with three pangrams.
I know it's a genus.