News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QB - needed a hint for cocci.

LB - got little hints for incoherent-trawled, whaled-doctrine, hewed-doctrinal. I had some great words but none of them made a legit 2fer.

Onward!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM this morning!  And a 2fer. 

Yesterday I needed a hint for my last word:  dotcom

LB:  I had howled-doctrinaire.  Congrats on the multiple 2fers, ciao_yall and Langue_doc!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius with the pangram but haven't done much else yet, as husband had to head in to the office.  We were tripped up by comity yesterday, but he finally got it and remembered it.  I didn't really remember it.

For LB, I had wretched-dialtone.  Lots of solutions! Congrats on another one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

GWP yesterday, close today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Fell 20 short today. Grrr.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. Last words yesterday were libel and libelee; remembered the latter as soon as I had found libel.

brackets/swing

Never got to finish the crossword yesterday; it got to a point where I didn't even care about the streak, especially after the break around Christmas, then the one last week, and more breaks to come next month and in summer.

Happy solving, all!

ETA: two-fer.

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday's last word was lifeline.  .  Today I am at genius with the pangram.

LB:  I had wrings-setback.  Multiple solutions for this one!  I have a 2fer today. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to GwP today so will try more later.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed nibble.  Ugh!

For LB, I had crabcakes-stewing after many attemps.  Congrats on your different solutions yesterday and on new ones today, Langue_doc and cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB, needed hints for (gah) innie, linen. LB was wrings-setback.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Ran out of time today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram, genius, then another pangram.

QB yesterday.

zirconium/mashy

Off on a bird walk.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Beta with both pangrams today.  It's a sloggy one!

Yesterday I got to QBWH, last word dapped. 

LB yesterday was the same as Langue_doc's:  zirconium-mashy.  I found a 2fer today as well.

Langue_doc, enjoy your bird walk! 

And happy puzzling to all!

ciao_yall

QB, needed a lot of help to learn a new word: adenine. LB was zirconium-mashy.

This morning multiple pangrams and (ETA) 3 points from Genius. Quick 2fer as well.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Didn't get to genius yet, but I have the pangrams.  We woke up late, and the crossword still isn't done.  Yesterday we fell short a few words.  I was missing adenine.  I kept thinking adepine and trying various spellings of that. 

No luck on LB, but I barely got a chance to look at it and only had one contender written down. Congrats on your solutions, and I'm glad you've found 2fers already today, cathwen and ciao_yall!

We have a ton of cleaning to do for our first dinner guest in two years.  He is coming next Sunday, but still too much to get done! It's easy to let things pile up or end up in strange places when no one ever comes over. 

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Two pangrams, but only halfway to genius. I'm not optimistic.
I know it's a genus.