News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH, needed a reminder for callaloo. LB was kingdom-blowback.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB with a hint for curaçao.  LB was also blowback-kingdom.

Today:  GwP (five words to go) and no 2fer yet, despite many good words. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far but haven't really started the puzzles yet.  Yesterday I needed help with cocoa, cacao, cloaca.

Congrats on LB, all! I guess the schmofficial solution was the only one.  I had some contenders, but no luck.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB and two-fer. Phew!

And the crossword.

ab_grp

Woohoo! Congrats, Langue_doc! I still have some bee left and haven't found a 2fer but am still at it here and there. 

Parasaurolophus

Luck wasn't with me today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. It's a challenging puzzle today, so don't know if I'll be able to find the remaining words.

Last word yesterday was paean--knew the word existed, but couldn't get the correct spelling until the very end.

flashlamp/pilcrow

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I ran out of time yesterday and went to the hints.  My last words were peahen and phono, both of which I usually get.

And no LB either!  So congratulations to those who found a 2fer!  I had lots of contenders, but couldn't make any of them work.  Today, though, I found a 2fer relatively quickly.

As for SB, I'm at Beta with both pangrams, and five words to go.  Not sure I'll get there!  As Langue_doc says, it's a challenging one today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Found a two-fer, and then a more efficient one. There are probably several solutions to this puzzle.

ETA: whomps??!!

ciao_yall

QBwH for anyhoo, payphone. LB - lots of 3fers and great words but no 2fer until a friend and the community pointed me to whomps-superficial.

Happy solving!

Anyone want to join me in a cabin for a week where we do puzzles, cook, drink wine, hike and birdwatch?

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Haven't gotten too far in the puzzles yet, but I did get the pangrams and got to genius.  Yesterday I needed help with phono and something else, but we did have team QB.

I had no luck on LB despite some contenders, so congrats on the solutions! And congrats on your 2fers, cathwen and Langue_doc x 2!

Ciao_yall, the cabin sounds like a wonderful time.  When do we go?

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer on my first try! I am glad it was as easy as advertised. 

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; last word yesterday was gavage which I tried out of desperation and then realized that I had seen it before in more than one puzzle.

wanton/normalized and then town/normalized; not sure which of the two I prefer. Perhaps wanton behavior should be normalized?

cathwen

Good morning!

I also got tripped up on gavage, and also then realized that I had seen it before.  Vendetta was my last word.

Today I am at Beta with the pangram. 

LB:  I had twin-normalized.  No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!