News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH, needed a reminder for vendetta. LB was midtowner-realize.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Haven't gotten too far today yet.  I also needed assistance with gavage yesterday.

For LB, I got worm-maternalized.  Lots of solutions again!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Whew, got to beta when I finally saw the pangram.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB!

Last word yesterday was oniony which I found by contorting and distorting all possible combinations.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Not a great puzzle day yesterday.  I was 8 words short of QB and had no 2fer for LB!  Congratulations on QB, Langue_doc!  Oddly, oniony was one word that I guessed, but I missed obvious ones like coin and cocoon.

Today I have six words to go...we'll see.  And I have a 2fer for LB, although it didn't come easily.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, remembered cocci right before I went to the hints. LB buckler-regions.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius and pangram so far.  Yesterday I needed help with tycoon.

No luck on LB, so congrats, ciao_yall! I did have variations of buckle, but no mate.  Congrats on a 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Yesterday, QBwG. Was one word short and boom, hieing. LB gunship-pacted.

Happy solving! Papers didn't come this morning so no crossword puzzle to solve with Neal!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Whew, it's a long one today.  But I got to QB! Just kidding.  Not by a long shot.  I'm not even to genius yet and still have some pangrams to go and also the crossword to make more progress on.  Yesterday I just needed help with wincing, which makes me wince because I kept trying winching with no luck.  Argh.  I feel like I just keep getting down to one word and not being able to finish it.

For LB, I got capuchins-sighted.  So that's two non-schmofficial solutions so far!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Well into GwPs and I have a 2fer. Still no physical paper!

ciao_yall

QB and a 2fer. Now what am I gonna do all day?

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

58 words and genius. I know there are some pangrams in there, but didn't keep track of them. That's it for today.

Last word yesterday was wincing. I too kept trying winching.

handguns/septic; hiding handguns in the septic tank is never  a good idea!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Just got to genius with (I think) one pangram.  There are two more!  It is a slog!  Ciao_yall, congratulations on QB!

My last two words yesterday were hieing and icing

LB:  I had chapeau-unsighted.  Lots of variety this time!  I found a 2fer fairly quickly this morning, but the second word seems iffy to me.  But it was accepted, so I'm not complaining. 

Happy puzzling!