News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I have 3 words left, so I hope to join the QB club.  Congrats, Langue_doc and cathwen! Yesterday we had team QB.  I was missing adenine, dead, henna(ed), wadded.

No luck on LB.  I don't think I would have found backpedal, so congrats! I did get a 2fer today!

Thanks again for Connections, Langue_doc.  Not sure where I got Red Fish instead of Herring (Dr. Seuss, I guess).  I will probably keep it for after solving the other puzzles if I get time before end of day.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwSBB, last word adenine. LB went for hints for backpedal-length. Lots of compound words this week.

Today I'm at QB-1 and a quick 2fer.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, no pangram yet. I think last word yesterday was lulu.

moralize/enclasp

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and past genius.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for duly.

For LB I had craps-solemnize.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc! I have one today, too.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for bubba. LB craps-solemnize.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with a BB hint for laudably. I am two words short of QB today.

LB: I also had craps-solemnize, also solemnize-earpiece. I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and 55 words so far. Missed tritium and yttrium yesterday.

metrological/luv, metalogic/curve

Happy solving!

ETA: QB and a twofer.

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with tritium as the last word, thanks to BB.  Today I have four words to go.

LB:  I had augural-locomotive, but no 2fer yet today. 

Congratulations, Langue_doc, on you QB and 2fer already!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and have 2 more words left.  Crossing my fingers! Congrats, Langue_doc! Yesterday we had to get help from bee buddy for amity, tutti.  I managed to remember yttrium but forgot tritium.  :-(

For LB, I took the long route with meteorological-lucrative.  Lots of variety so far! I have another 2fer today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwATHICG for tritium. I did remember yttrium from a prior puzzle. LB augural-locomotive.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius.

owns/subjugated

Hike today--more event than hike, but looking forward to the event and also seeing familiar and new faces.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find botnet and butt(!).  Today I have three words to go and am stumped.

LB: snows-subjugated. I have a 2fer today also.

Langue_doc, enjoy your hike/event!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for botnet and also needed an LB hint for towns-subjugated. Not a great LB week for me last week. Let's see how this week goes.

Hike today with a Meetup group I found through a friend I met on WW.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I have two words to go again.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I was missing botnet.

For LB I had towns-subjugated.  Congrats on the various solutions!

Langue_doc, is this the event you co-planned? I think you were asking for good weather wishes, so I am sending them and hope it's a wonderful time!

Have a good hike as well today, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. Missed kinda and nankeen.

fetch/horseplay--saw the latter first, and then it took me awhile to find a h-ending mate.

Hike/event was Juneteenth-related in a historic area with 18th and 19th century buildings hosting events such as basket-weaving, waffle-making (old heavy waffle irons which had to be placed on live coals in the fireplace, broom-making, tin smithing, period games and toys, two very old sewing machines, and so on. There was also a reenactment of the proclamation ending slavery. Waffles were good, especially with home-made butter and strawberries.

ab_grp, my outing is scheduled for the weekend--rain and thunderstorms are in the forecast for the entire weekend, and rain on Thursday and Friday. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

Happy solving!