News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL for agenda. Drives me batty when I get the weird ones like gateau and overlook the easy ones.

LB chomps-strongbox. One of my Facebook friends uses all the hint sites to find multiple solutions and that seems to be his only one as well.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB thanks to BB. Last word yesterday was yenned, again with BB's help.

trowels/stumpage, towels/sugarplum

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for leadenly.

No luck on LB! Congrats on two 2fers, Langue_doc!

Since we were talking about it before, my husband said that he likes his new bamboo socks for avoiding blisters (wearing them under thicker socks), so I asked him for the link in case any of you want to look into them or similar "SERISIMPLE Bamboo Men sock Breathable Sock Quarter Thin Ankle High Sock Comfort Cool soft": https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B9WGNBLD

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, with ennead from my Bee list, and leanly with 2LL help. I couldn't believe I missed it. Today I am at genius with the pangram.

LB: I had outwears-sugarplum. I found a 2fer today also.

Good to know about the bamboo socks, ab_grp. I don't hike, at least not much—-I mostly walk moderately vigorously or amble—but I recently bought some Cuddlduds socks at Kohl's and find them very soft and comfortable. I don't know how they would hold do on a long/strenuous hike, but for walks on the trails, they're perfect. I'll check out bamboo socks, too.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB for leadenly. LB towers-sugarplum.

So far, GnoP and a few 3fers.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last words yesterday were boba and bola, thanks to BB.

ab_grp, thanks for the socks information. cathwen, hope you're having a good visit with your friend.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to genius so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for bola.

For LB I finally got the schmofficial quoted-diversify after a lot of trying.

I hope the sock recommendation might help! I queried further and found out that although he used to wear them (under athletic socks) for walking (we walk on pavement), he now basically wears them during all his physical activities (rowing, stationary bike, jump rope...).  They initially made squeaking sounds when he walked but after washing are silent.

Sending more good fried visit wishes, cathwen!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 2LL help for nabob and llano. Today I am at genius with both pangrams.

LB: I also had quoted-diversify. I found a 2fer today as well.

Thanks for the friend visit good wishes, ab_grp! We've been having a great time just catching up. Lots of talking and laughing. She'll leave today, and I'll be sorry to see her go.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB-1 ABM then needed the grid to realize I was missing aloe. Nudge for quoted-diversify.

Happy  solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius. Don't remember last words from yesterday's bee.

wormfish/harken, knife/earworms/she (I just had to use earworm(s))!

Off on a hike/walk.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw2LLH for tutti, which I usually get, and quiddity, which I wouldn't have gotten in a million years. Today I am at genius with both pangrams.

LB: I had the "official" framework-knish. No 2fer yet today, in spite of some good words.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to a bit past genius so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for quiddity and also wouldn't have gotten it in a million years.

No luck on LB.  Congrats on your 2fers, cathwen and Langue_doc (and enjoy your hike/walk!).  Watch out for earworms!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBWATHICG for quidditch. LB wormfish-harken.

Langue-doc I really wanted to make earworms work as well, but then saw wormfish and the rest was history.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for pellicule. LB circled around longbows-strap-ply before finally getting a hint for portrayal-longbows.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to somewhat past genius so far.  Yesterday I needed help from bee buddy for collie, ollie, pomelo

No luck on LB again! Congrats, ciao_yall! I did get one today, though!

Happy solving!

ETA: This is the second time I am trying to post this after an error...