News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB thanks to BB. I had to resort to a google search to find pellicle yesterday.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. I had to resort to google to find cortado.

handlebar/righty

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 2LL help for doodad, cortado. The second word was a wild guess.  Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: I had brighter-randily, blighter-randy. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got the pangram and am headed toward genius.  Yesterday we also needed bee buddy for cortado, which husband finally guessed after the reader clue.  Tough one!

Yesterday I also had brighter-randily.  Congrats on a totally different one, Langue_doc, and on two for cathwen (and another today)! I feel like I'm close today, at least.  We'll see.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for cortado and a few other oddballs I overlooked but should have gotten. LB blighter-randy.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Easy run to QB today. Missed enby.

quashing/grumpy

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I also missed enby yesterday, and only got it by trial and error, despite 2LL hints. And I needed 2LL hints for gooey and begem. Today, though, I sailed to QBABM.

LB: (s)quashing-grumpy also. I found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius so far.  Congrats on your QBABYs, Langue_doc and cathwen! Yesterday we needed bee buddy for ogee, eggnog, begem, enby.  I guessed the latter from the first letter and length but was surprised it was accepted.

Yesterday I also had squashing-grumpy after going down many other roads.  Congrats to both of you and on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for begem(?) and gooey(gah). LB squashing-grumpy.

Today I am three 4Ls away from QBABM but got a quick 2fer.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for begem(?) and gooey(gah). LB squashing-grumpy.

Today I am three 4Ls away from QBABM!!! and a quick 2fer.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got to QBABM and 2fer as well!

Congrats, ciao_yall!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet. Don't remember the last words from yesterday's puzzle.

frenetic/clough (I was surprised that the latter was accepted because the only 'clough' that comes to mind is Arthur Hugh Clough, the poet.)

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I don't have a pangram and am working toward genius. My final words were those involving teeth and then tithe.

For LB I had horticulture-engulf.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc!

Oh and flaneur was the focus of one of my word of the day emails yesterday!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Found the pangram while waiting for my car to be serviced, then got past genius. Three words to go! Yesterday was one of those rare QBABMs, last word eighth, which is weird because I had eight, eighty, and eightieth early on.

LB: I had cornflour-righten, which I did not think was a word. Lo and behold... I also have a 2fer today, also thanks to the wait at the car dealer's.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM yesterday, last word thee. LB furore-ethnologic.

Happy solving!