Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Made it past genius yesterday.

Went birding--I was the only person on the trails, and the birds were unusually quiet. Saw a crow in the parking lot, a hairy woodpecker, and a few other birds that are common in this area.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

We're visiting Oldest Daughter, and Middle Daughter and her family are also here—so not much puzzle time. Yesterday I got to genius, but not far beyond. Today I am also at genius, but no pangram yet. This might be as far as I get today.

LB: I had mortgages-skunky yesterday. No 2fer yet today.

A belated Happy Thanksgiving! Ciao_yall, enjoy your party!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for automata, tomcat. LB got hints for whelm-multiplayer which I never would have gotten on my own. But a quick 2fer today so all is right with the world again.

Leftover party went well - great to see old friends and new friends hitting it off! But now we have leftover leftovers. Might have a friend over later who couldn't make it to the party to help us work down the pile.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to somewhere past genius with the pangrams so far.  Yesterday I got to QBABM! I think my final word was cutoff.

No luck on LB yet again! Congrats on your solutions!

We had a shortened puzzle day trying to get ready to have our dinner guests.  It went well, but I am really not that up for visitors right now with the "sleep therapy" still settling in slowly.  It's always interesting (and sometimes stressful) hearing what these not-completely-independent kidults have been up to and planning that we had no idea about.  One more night of hosting, and then tomorrow I shall rest. 

Hope you are enjoying your visit, cathwen!

And glad to hear your leftover party was a smash, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon.

Pangrams and above genius. I know I had QB yesterday, but am still in vacation mode, so don't have the energy to review the list.

Went birding.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

I never did finish SB yesterday; afoot, coca,and tomcat were my remaining words. Today I have five words to go.

LB: No 2fer yesterday, and none yet today.

We just got home after a very, very slow drive that took about an hour and a half longer than it should have due to heavy traffic. We had a great time, not only with daughters, their spouses, and our grandson, but also with the two dogs and two cats who provided constant entertainment. But it's good to be home.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB to realize I had overlooked minimum. LB excavator-refigure.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Back home and back to normal today. Yesterday I hurriedly finished with 2LL help to find immunizing, luging, miming, niggling, and my last word, gigging. QB-2 today.

LB: No solution yesterday, but I found one fairly quickly today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius but with only one pangram so far.  Yesterday we finally got to compare after the guests left, and we had team QB. 

No luck on LB, though I had excavator and guess I just didn't have time to try anything with it.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Made it to just above genius yesterday. Had a twofer either yesterday or the day before.

Back home, which is nice.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find attagirl, my last word. Today I only have a few words to go, but am stumped.

LB: I first had telegrams-squint, then realized that squint-telegram also worked. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for athriglia. LB quartile-enigmas. Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for arthralgia, lariat, tali.

No luck on LB yet again.  Congrats on your solutions!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last words yesterday were chai and naan.

tabletops/switch, ops/switchable (found the latter first, and much to my surprise the former turned out to be a real word)

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QbwH for indicia. New word. Look at how smart I'm getting. LB chipotles-swab.

Happy solving!