News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word pigpen. LB needed a nudge for gauche-extremist. I 3fers coming out of my ears as well as extremist but wasn't seeing gauche.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and finally genius. That's probably it for today. QB yesterday.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday to find nankeen, my last word. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, three words to go, but I'm stumped.

No LB yet again yesterday! And none yet today. Hope springs eternal...

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius and then finally figured out the pangram.  Yesterday we also needed help with nankeen, along with agape, kepi, pinkie.  Congrats, Langue_doc!

No 2fer for me, either.  Maybe today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for barrack, bookrack even though I remembered nankeen. LB haiku-unsolvable.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH for barback. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, with only a few words to go.

LB: Another day without a 2fer! I had unsolvable, but did not see haiku. No 2fer today, either, so far.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed bee buddy for robocall.  I don't think I will ever get rollbar.

Got the schmofficial 2fer haiku-unsolvable and another one today!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB to make up for yesterday's missed words. lookbook!? rollbar!? Whatever. I was surprised to note that kine wasn't accepted in an earlier puzzle.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word maple. LB needed a nudge for dozenth-hackysack. Yeah, it seems trickier lately.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find agleam, amalgam, and the word I always seem to miss—paella. I'll learn someday. Today I am at QB-1! Hoping for inspiration to get that last word.

LB: I looked at hints to get dozenth-haystack. I had haystack early on, and dozen, but dozenth just never occurred to me. I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Went on a bird walk in cold and blustery winds. I was glad to have gotten out and about, even though the rewards, bird-wise, weren't significant.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Somewhere past genius with the pangram.  Yesterday my husband got to QBABH, but he had to help me with agleam, amalgam.  Just couldn't see them!

For LB I got the schmofficial dozenth-haystack.  I had seen dozen, then saw haystack and figured it could be a solution word, and thankfully thought of trying with the -th.  Some contenders today, but nothing yet.

Glad you got out for a bird walk even though it didn't yield a lot of good birds, Langue_doc! We have been out the past day or two in the morning after being trapped inside in the windy 20s, but there haven't been too many birds around, either.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--found the pangram early on, and then it was an uphill battle to the end. Missed catalytically, tactual. The bee wouldn't accept cyclicity, which I thought was a proper English word--neither obscure nor offensive.

I know I found a twofer, but have to look it up. Another bird walk, the winds have died down, but it's going to be cold. I had four layers on yesterday, so as long as I didn't have to take off my gloves, I was fine.

Hope you see some birds, ab_grp, and have better weather!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday with tactical as my last word. Today I am at genius with the pangram, not far to go.

LB: I had the "official" overstock-kumquat. And I found one today as well.

Enjoy your bird walk, Langue_doc!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word catcall. LB got a hint for cumquat-takeovers. Never would have guessed that spelling on my own.

Happy solving!