News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to GN4L with all the pangrams but not to alpha yet.  Almost! I think halvah was last for me yesterday.  There were a bunch of guesses at the end there.  A couple of those words were in there before, but it's been a while, and I had forgotten them.  If we haven't gotten to individual QB by end of day, we now try to wait until we are at team QB based on word lengths before comparing, but sometimes we just have to give up.  Parasaurolophus, you are on a roll! Congrats on your QB and beta!

No luck on LB.  I had a bunch of contenders, but it wouldn't load on my phone, so I didn't get to work on it while I was away from my computer.  Congrats on your 2fers and on solutions today, Langue_doc and cathwen!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay, got a 2fer! And I'm down to one word left on the bee. 

Langue_doc

You'll get there, ab_grp. If not, you might need some help--I did have to resort to the Spelling Bee column for my final 8-letter word.

ab_grp

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 22, 2022, 03:29:11 PM
You'll get there, ab_grp. If not, you might need some help--I did have to resort to the Spelling Bee column for my final 8-letter word.

Uh oh.  I need an 8! If you needed help, I am pretty sure that I will need help.  Thanks for the heads up.

Parasaurolophus

Six short of QB tonight.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. Last word yesterday was minicamp.

fracking/gluts

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBw2LL, minicamp was a wild guess. Lots of 2fers but my first one was lucking-grafts.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB with 2LL hints for the last words—campaign and campaigning.  Head smack...

Today I am at Genius with pangram, but I am finding this a hard one.

LB:  I had fracking-gluts and tracking-gulfs.  I finally found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius with pangram, but not much beyond yet.  Yesterday minicamp was my final word too, but at least we had team QB, so I got some help from husband with that one after Langue_doc's caution.  I don't think I would have just guessed that!

I had the schmofficial solution, fractals-sucking, which I did not think would be schmofficial! Congrats on all the different solutions and on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB and two-fer. Now back to grading.

ab_grp

Wow, congrats, Langue_doc! I got a 2fer but still have more work to do on the bee.  Good luck with grading!

Langue_doc

They're all words we know or have seen in previous bees, so keep at it, ab_grp.

ab_grp

Thanks for the encouragement, Langue_doc! Hopefully it will help!

ciao_yall

QB - 1, lots of tight 3fers and 2fer b4ss in LB.

Just one of those days.

Hit the hints and QB and a 2fer I didn't know was a single word.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last words yesterday were tomtit and doom, despite having entered the latter early on, just before or after mood. So much for my birding skills.

howled/doctrinal, cowherd/dilatant

Happy solving, all!