News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

ab_grp, I too found the pangram hard to spot--I think the only reason I found it was because of the configuration of the letters after one of the shuffles.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH to find the last word—and the pangram—intricacy

LB:  I had the "official" dogmatic-clover. I have a 2fer today also. 

Welcome back, ciao_yall!  Good luck pairing the mouse.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Quote from: Langue_doc on December 11, 2022, 10:17:16 AM
ab_grp, I too found the pangram hard to spot--I think the only reason I found it was because of the configuration of the letters after one of the shuffles.

Thanks, Langue_doc! I don't know why it was so difficult, but boy howdy.  No rearrangement seemed to help.

Got a 2fer! Congrats on yours, cathwen, and also on yours that I forgot to mention earlier, Langue_doc! Possibly the same ones again today.

ciao_yall

Twofer and a Split Decisions in the NYT! My day is made.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and well above genius so far. Last word yesterday was nomad.

Quick twofer.

junkyard/driveway

ab_grp, sending you good thoughts on the logistics of the temporary move and the surgery.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

One word to go this morning—argh!  Yesterday my last word was mammon.

LB: I had the "official" junked-driveway.  I also have a 2fer today. 

Thinking of you and your husband today, ab_grp.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH for monad. LB was junkyard-driveway.

Happy solving! Off to see if I can save my hard drive.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to past genius with pangram, but husband only has one word to go.  Good luck on yours, cathwen! Yesterday we each needed one 5-letter that ended up being the same one, which husband guessed with help from Shunn: nohow

For LB, I had the schmofficial solution along with cathwen.  I like the other solution, too! Didn't even see junkyard.  Congrats on your 2fers today too, Langue_doc and cathwen!

And thanks for the continued good wishes! I think they are overnighting the packet of results to the surgical team today, but we are supposed to hear from them today or tomorrow, so I am not sure what the schedule is.  Be prepared, I guess.  Still trying to get things done in the background.

Happy solving! 

ab_grp

Got a 2fer pretty easily again.  I suspect that I'm being lulled into a false sense of security.  Two more words to QB.  Hopefully we at least have team QB.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius, but that's probably it for today. Last word yesterday was liege.

strongboxes/sheaves and then heaves/strongbox; I prefer the latter as you really need to heave to move the strongbox.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB, needed the grid to remember eightieth, liege. LB vagrants-shoeboxes.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got the pangrams and to genius or so.  Yesterday I managed to get QBABM, though I did ask husband if my final word was a compound or not, so I supposed that's a hint.  It was eightieth, one of the banes of my existence.

For LB, I also got heaves-strongbox.  I started with strongboxes and didn't make the connection to sheaves.  Ugh! Congrats, Langue_doc!

Looks like we have to make the long drive to Other City for an in-person consultation (only) for Thursday.  At that time, they will decide whether the surgery will have to be soon after or can wait until the new year.  I would guess it will be sooner rather than later given the rate of blockage, but I have no idea.  Not sure what time yet so we will probably either stay there tomorrow night or Thurs night rather than drive up and back in one day.  We'll see.  He also has an appt with his cardiologist for the angio follow up tomorrow afternoon, so I am not sure how that timing will work out.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Twofers but not much progress on the bee.

ab_grp, hope things go well during the consultation. The holidays probably throw the medical team's schedule off, so sending you good thoughts for the scheduling and the surgery.