News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH and a new word indicia. LB I have bobcat-thinkful. Lesson learned - try everything!

Quick 2fer this morning with another word I thought I made up.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I needed help to finish the Bee yesterday.  Last words circadian, indicia, cadging, arcadia. Today, though, I made QBABM!

SB: I had the "official" flint-touchback But I like the other solutions better!  I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on January 15, 2023, 10:10:12 AM
Good afternoon!

I needed help to finish the Bee yesterday.  Last words circadian, indicia, cadging, arcadia. Today, though, I made QBABM!

SB: I had the "official" flint-touchback But I like the other solutions better!  I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

I found circadian on my own, yet needed a hint for cardiac despite all the news about Lisa Marie Presley. Gah.

ab_grp

Speaking of news, it was kind of funny that husband told me midday that there was a recent John Oliver short I should watch about trash that was timely because of a Better Call Saul episode we had just watched the previous night.  I had already found both pangrams, but he had only found one, so after I watched the clip and saw that the lead singer of The Cardigans was featured, I mentioned that it was very timely! I waited a bit and then asked casually how long the pangram he had found was, and he said it was 7 letters (carding).  I laughed and told him to let me know when he found the other one.  Still took him a while, but he eventually clued in.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to somewhere past genius with the pangram.  Husband is marching toward QB and got QBABH yesterday.  I tried yesterday but had to give up and get help for blatant.  Congrats on your QBABY yesterday, cathwen! I think I missed saying that.

No luck on LB, unfortunately. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL to get nudges for baba, tabla. LB inform-muscliest. I thought I was making it up but it took, so it counts.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius. I think that's it for today as I just got home from visiting a friend who was in a college town not too far away for a conference. Last night we went to an all-you-can-eat Japanese restaurant for dinner, which was quite an experience. Imagine eating all kinds of sushi, sashimi, and the like--we could have ordered many more dishes but had to stop because we could only eat so much. The bill included every single item we had ordered, so two of the people in the group each took one of the copies as a souvenir!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Ciao_yall, congrats on your interesting 2fer! If it works, it works!

And Langue_doc... that all sounds like a feast I would have liked to have been part of! Oh boy.  I have a couple souvenir receipts like that.  I am ready for lunch now.  We had found a good sushi/sashimi place here in the desert, but it closed.  I miss mackerel sashimi the most.  I'm glad you had a good visit!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBABM yesterday, last word blip.  I finally got to QB today, although not entirely by myself (1L hint for last word).

LB:  I had triform-musclemen.  Ciao_yall, they were the muscliest musclemen!  It does pay to try words you think aren't words!

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB - 1. Trying get this ABM but I may cave...

ciao_yall

Quote from: ciao_yall on January 16, 2023, 07:03:33 PM
QB - 1. Trying get this ABM but I may cave...

Needed a hint to remember gavage. LB quantum-mockery.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--it was a slog to find the pangram and get to genius but found the rest of the words without much effort.

QB yesterday--last word was naive.

I had the NYT solution for LB.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

No pangram and not to genius yet.  Ugh!! Husband doesn't have it either.  Sounds like it was a kind of tough one.  I did join him in QB yesterday, thankfully.  Finally got my last word (avian) just as I was about to give up.  We had pretty much the same group of last words.  Congrats yesterday and today, Langue_doc! Whew!!

No LB solution, again.  I had some good contenders! But I didn't have either of the official solution words.  Congrats, ciao_yall and Langue_doc!

Happy solving!