Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Evening!

Mockup/pluralize (I think).

Past genius, but lost my streak as I didn't have the time for the crossword.

ab_grp

Good evening, and thanks for coming by during your busy weekend, Langue_doc! If you do decide to go for QB, I think it will be pretty easy for you other than beekeeping.  Sorry to hear about the crossword streak, but hopefully you are enjoying your activities!

Got one more LB contender, but I'm trying to get the sudokus done for tomorrow (busy day).  I'll work on it more tonight.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Hope everyone's events went well! We are having a guest over for pizza this afternoon.  First time anyone has been here in almost 15 months. 

I never did get an LB solution yesterday, and the schmofficial one wouldn't have occurred to me.  What did you come up with, cathwen?

I'm at 186 on the bee today.  Yikes, took me 47 words until I finally got the pangram.  Husband struggled similarly.  Hope everyone else is having better luck with it! Luckily, the crossword wasn't too hard.  My final word yesterday was wining, which is ironic because I like wining a lot.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

SB - Yesterday I got QBAM!!!! Didn't even go to the shunn site. I took a page from you all and started combining words - last one as indrawn.

LB - kempt-transfix which is a weird one. Also me just trying words - unkempt is a word, so why not kempt?

Genius and 3fers today.

Dinner party went well, but I have a TON of leftovers. And some cleaning to finish. And papers to grade and puzzles and...

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I'm at genius with the pangram today.  I have a feeling this is not going to be a QB day!  I have 46 words with 15 to go, and I have no idea where they're coming from.  Maybe it's time to take a peek at letter distributions on Shunn.

My LB answer for yesterday was the same as the "official" solution—kempt-transfix.  It took me a while, but I found a 2fer today. 

Ciao-yall, what is QBAM?  Unaided QB?  Congratulations in any case!  And I guess you don't have to cook tonight, with all those leftovers—lucky you!

Ab_grp, enjoy pizza with friends! 

ab_grp

Congrats on your QBABY (all by yourself, for cathwen), especially with a dinner party to throw, ciao_yall! And congrats on your 2fer yesterday and having leftovers.

Congrats on your 2fers yesterday, and today, cathwen! Good luck on the bee.  We finally got to QB and will call it an impure team QB to get it out of the way before our visitor arrives.  It will be really weird having someone else inside the house again.  And we had quite a lot of cleaning to do because we are very lazy about it when it's just us.  Just keeping it easy with food delivery, though, so hopefully less stress and more fun.

ciao_yall

QBAM = Queen Bee All by Myself. Not even a peek at shunn.

Today, genius with pangram, 3fers coming out of my ears. We'll see how it goes.

Langue_doc

Evening!

Thanks to ab_grp's tip about the bee words, made it to QB last night. Got to above genius tonight, pangram was my third word.

Good trip so far, decided on another jaunt, so won't be getting back until mid week

Couldn't get to the crosswords, but not really a sacrifice, considering that I'm spending time with people, seeing places old and new,  and doing activities that I enjoy,, even mundane ones such as sharing meals with friends.

ciao_yall

One word short to QB with help from all sources. Gah.

Lots of 3fers but no 2fer. I don't like the solver site much - maybe I'll see if there is another one whose layout I like better. I'm sure I have the words, just need them to fit togther. "Ships" in ab_grp parlance.

Parasaurolophus

Haven't quite made it today, I'm afraid.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on May 23, 2021, 08:17:11 PM
Evening!

Thanks to ab_grp's tip about the bee words, made it to QB last night. Got to above genius tonight, pangram was my third word.

Good trip so far, decided on another jaunt, so won't be getting back until mid week

Couldn't get to the crosswords, but not really a sacrifice, considering that I'm spending time with people, seeing places old and new,  and doing activities that I enjoy,, even mundane ones such as sharing meals with friends.

Priorities, Langue_doc! Priorities!

SB - Despite all the help and hints from all sources, I missed... drumroll... oleo. Gah.

LB - Did not get a 2fer, but was in the neighborhood with 3fers coming out of my ears. Key ones: feta-antioxidant-turbo, fixation-burned-nib, fibered-dioxin-nature, boxer-refined-daunt, fixation-natured-dab, unrefined-dub-beatbox, fixture-ebon-naiad, before-extend-durian, boxed-drift-tuna.  With the variety I'm sure there are lots of solutions roundabout (groan.)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I did not make it to QB yesterday, stuck at Beta.  I missed some words I should have gotten, and have (once again) filed away botnet as an accepted word. 

Langue_doc and ab_grp, congratulations on your QBs!  And on your QB-1, ciao_yall—you got farther than I did.

Oh, but today!  What a slog it will be!  406 points, and six pangrams.  In spite of having five of them, I am only at amazing.  Anyone who makes QB today deserves a ticker tape parade!

For yesterday's LB, I had outfoxed-debonair.  I found a 2fer today, too.  Ciao_yall, you had some great words—isn't it maddening when they just don't come together?

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

More pangrams than I can count but still at amazing. Just found a 3fer, but now it's time for yoga.

Congrats cathwen on your LB-fu!

Langue_doc

Morning!

I think I got all the pangrams, but am still at 46 words/255 points. Oh, well.
Saw a deer just outside the window, which elicited a "Oh, God" response from friend--seems to be the usual response in this area as the deer eat everything.

Going to be out and about, with lots of greenery, birds, and fresh air.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

And... my yoga class was cancelled at the last minute. So more time to puzzle and grade I guess.