News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Genius and then the pangram. Should have seen it much earlier.

I missed barbacoa--I think I've seen it before, but wouldn't have thought of it.

judgment/trowel; I found jungled, but no mate, alas. jungled?!! Oh, well.

Langue_doc

Pangram and well above genius.

Last word yesterday way gooey.

farmhand/disgust

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Also genius with pangram today.

Yesterday I got to QB, but with hints.  Golem was my last word. 

For yesterday's LB, I also had farmhand-disgust.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP yesterday. Wouldn't have gotten otology but got all the other tricky ones.

LB - Just 3fers. Didn't find farmhand or disgust.

Onward, and happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QBABM! Husband still has one word left.  I think my final word yesterday was ogee.

No luck on LB yesterday, so congrats to Langue_doc and cathwen!

Had my shots yesterday and no real issues yet but am going to frontload the more difficult things I have to do today.  Day 2-3 was not great last time.  But hopefully it will continue to be fairly mild.  Just tired and sore, but I went to a different facility that we heard of through husband's colleague, and it was a world of difference from the drug store. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Quote from: ab_grp on November 17, 2021, 08:36:36 AM
Good morning!

Had my shots yesterday and no real issues yet but am going to frontload the more difficult things I have to do today.  Day 2-3 was not great last time.  But hopefully it will continue to be fairly mild.  Just tired and sore, but I went to a different facility that we heard of through husband's colleague, and it was a world of difference from the drug store. 

Hope your symptoms continue to be mild and you recover from them soon.

QB!

cathwen

ab_grp

Thanks, Langue_doc! Unfortunately, I seem to be following a similar trajectory as last time, but I am also following a similar self-care routine, so hopefully it will keep it in check and move it out of here.

Congrats on your QBs, Langue_doc and cathwen!!

Does anyone have a 2fer yet? I have a couple reasonable contenders and plan to just stare at it for a while and see if something occurs to me.

Langue_doc

ab_grp, I found a two-fer. I'm disappointed though as I couldn't find mates for two words that are much more exciting than the ones in my solution.

Hope you feel better soon. Nothing like rest and relaxation--that's what the doctor told me when I complained about my recovery from the booster shot.

Congrats cathwen. I've been meaning to ask about your progress ever since I had to use my grabby thingummy to retrieve something from behind a piece of furniture. Hope you're back to normal.

Zoom meeting calls--it's my book group.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer Langue_doc! I have at least one interesting one that doesn't seem to have a home (yet?).  I'm glad to have gotten a lot of the more arduous or physical stuff done this morning, so I am currently catching up on podcasts and staring at LB.  Enjoy your book group! I still have a draft PM to you about that from months ago!

ciao_yall

Quick GwP, but stuck in 3fer land.

Parasaurolophus

I've been doing a terrible job of the bee these last few days, dunno why.

But also, my credit card expired and now the NYT is being weird about updating it, so who knows how much longer they'll let me bee.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. Last word yesterday: lain.

growls/sympathy; couldn't find partners for warthog(s) or protoplasm.

Posted by: Parasaurolophus
« on: November 17, 2021, 07:45:04 PM »Insert Quote

But also, my credit card expired and now the NYT is being weird about updating it, so who knows how much longer they'll let me bee.

You might want to call them as they aren't as efficient as they used to be. Not too long ago, I kept getting emails to the effect that the credit card that NYT had been using for more than a year for my Times subscription was no longer valid. Turned out that they had updated their system which didn't recognize the one that they had been using all year, but the one that they used previously until it expired a year ago. They had no explanation as to why the card that had been withdrawn from my account was suddenly being used for my transactions.

Happy solving, all!

Only a week left; hope the weather cooperates for those of us with long drives.

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram this morning.

LB: Yesterday, I had the "official" growls-sympathy.  No 2fer yet today!  Wow, is that ever a tough set of letters.

Parasaurolophus, I hope you get your NYT subscription straightened out without too much (or any) difficulty!

Langue_doc, thanks for asking—I'm making progress.  I can walk mostly without a cane around the house, but for longer distances—going for a walk, for example—I need my cane.  I'm undergoing physical therapy with an excellent therapist and have exercises to do at home between sessions.  I still am not allowed to bend 90º; that might take a while, so my grabbing stick is getting a bit of use!  In the meanwhile, I'm trying to stay optimistic.  I next see my doctor after Thanksgiving.

And I share your hope that the weather cooperates for Thanksgiving! 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP. Like the Cookie Monster said, "C is for Cookie and that's good enough for me."

LB - Argh. I had gap-prowls-sympathy, got-trawls-sympathy, sympathy-rag-glows and just couldn't see growls. Also a 2fer b4ss polyglots-shwarma.

Well, happy solving for today.