News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got QBABM! Yay! Yesterday the word I gave up on and needed help with was lordly, which is not one of the more difficult ones.  Husband's was byroad.

No luck on LB again.  Hopefully I'll have more time today to give it a better effort.

Langue_doc, your feasts sound delicious as well! Not so much for me the long walk in the cold rain, but you certainly earned the yummier and more festive parts of your visit.  I hope your trip home is safe and that you aren't caught in traffic! Luckily, crosswords are in the archive if you want to go back to them.

Husband got the 2021 puzzlemania for me, as well as one from May 2020 that they put out, apparently, so lots of puzzles await if I can find a big enough surface to write on.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Yesterday, Gw2P and this morning, GwP.

LB crowd-deployment which was schmofficial. Anyone more creative? Today some 3fers and 2fer b4ss solution but no winner yet.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

We all have been at this thread for over a year now!

Langue_doc

Quote from: ciao_yall on December 27, 2021, 02:13:41 PM
We all have been at this thread for over a year now!

We certainly have!

Good morning!

Two pangrams and genius. QB yesterday.

Crosswords and Vertex are done--woohoo!

I got some puzzle books for Christmas, so I'm all set for the year.

Happy solving, all!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I have three words left and am right at Alpha.  Yesterday logogram, mammogram were my last words.  I think we're closer to almost a year and a half in the thread! My favorite thread!

No luck on LB despite getting within 1 letter with various combos! I have to remember to try some of these suffixes that I don't tend to see.  Waah. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Yesterday, GwP then on to spending the rest of the day fooling with LB. This morning, quick GwP as well.

LB - Just 2fer b4ss solutions kamikaze-exploiter, kamikaze-extrapolate and plenty of 3fers including proximal-laker-ritz, kelp-polarize-extreme but no 2fer. Today, 3fers abound again.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon! 

No LB yesterday, and SB was only at amazing.  We had a full day yesterday with daughters, spouses-in-law, and grandson—fun!

Today, I just got to QB, but only with a hint for the last word.  I found a 2fer for LB, but it seems clumsy to me.  There is perhaps a "cleaner" solution, but not sure that I'll have the patience to look for it.

Congratulations on everyone's successes!  Langue_doc, enjoy your puzzle books!

ab_grp

Got to QBABM! Husband beat me to it, and we had the same final word.  Yesterday I had made it to QBABM, and husband supposedly had two words and 6 points left, so a 5 and a 4.  He mentioned that he was surprised that muumuu wasn't in there, and I thought... hmm.  I asked him how many words he had left, and we figured out he actually needed one 6-letter word.  Guess which one.

Congrats on your QB and 2fer, cathwen! And I'm glad you had such a nice day yesterday!

ciao_yall

Weird 2fer but keeping it.

ab_grp

Congrats, ciao_yall! I have a couple contenders, one of which is not something I thought of as a word, but no mate yet. 

cathwen

Good morning!

My LB yesterday was also weird, with a word that I didn't think was a word (but tried just for the heck of it):  rhythming (!)/gratuitous..  Ciao_yall, I am curious to see if your weird word was the same. 

Ab_grp, congratulations on QBABY!  I got to QB-1, then got stuck on nannying, which should have occurred to me.

Today I am at genius with the pangram.  As for LB, I have another 2fer with a word I didn't think was a word. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. Yesterday, my last word was gray; I thought that I had entered this word along with graying, so it took me a while to find the last word and get to QB.

Happy solving, all!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Husband and I each have two words left to QB but slightly different points. Different enough that he is at Alpha and I am one point shy, though.  We both had nannying as our final words yesterday.

Congrats, cathwen! Argh, rhythming is the contender I had that I didn't think was a word, but I couldn't get anything to go with it.  I noticed harmony was also in there, so it would have been neat to put the two together somehow.  Congrats on another 2fer today!

I have a friend call this afternoon so need to get started on the sudokus.  I had a hard time with the hard one yesterday.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Yesterday QB-3wG2LL (Queen Bee, minus three with grid and two-letter-list). Just oddball words I was too tired to see after a while. This morning, GwP.

LB rumininating-goyish. Told you it was weird. Barely getting started today. ETA: 2fer!

Okay, happy solving!