News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

I have two short words left to QB.  Husband got QBABH.  My final word was palapa yesterday.  Apparently tallit was the newly accepted word, but I had guessed it and had thought it had been in there before.  Too many bee words yesterday!

I got the same 2fer as ciao_yall yesterday.  I'm always glad for a variety of solutions! And none the schmofficial one so far.  Congrats on your 2fers today, Langue_doc and cathwen!

Did anyone notice that the Friday mini puzzle appeared in the app last night? That is a little odd.  And today's regular crossword definitely did not feel like a Thursday.

Cathwen, I agree it is interesting that Deb has not found a 2fer yet given all her wordplay expertise.  I will send her good 2fer juju.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 19, 2022, 09:06:06 PM
Blah, two points short of GWP today.

I kept the page open and finished it today. Phew.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Langue_doc

QB! Only one unfamiliar word, which I found by my usual strategy of trying out all possible combinations.

Crossword was indeed easy; sometimes I don't see the point of the themes, but find the words because of the adjacent words or other clues.

ab_grp

Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc! I did manage to get one word but still have one left.  Not giving up yet.

I did get a 2fer, though!

ciao_yall

Two 2fers and QB-3. Grid and 2LL didn't yield anything. Should I go to the hints?

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB - 2, missed malic and iambi. Whatevs.

LB - crumping-gloat, crumpling-goat. Not started yet today.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and finally genius. It's a challenging one today.

Last word yesterday was iamb; word that I guessed was malic.

clumping/groat; crumbling/goat

Crosswords and sudokus are done.

Happy solving, all!

ETA: two-fer--not very economical, but familiar.

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram, and I agree, this one is challenging. 

Yesterday I got all the way to QB-1ABM,then got stuck on the last word.  I finally went to hints—it was iambi!  I was sure I had tried that before, but apparently not.

LB:  I had proacting-glum.  I have a 2fer today as well, but the second word especially seems odd.  I may look for another pair. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

We each have one word left, different lengths, so team QB.  It took us both a while to find the pangram.  Yesterday my final word was also iambi

For LB, I had clumping-gator.  Lots of different solutions again, and none schmofficial, I don't think.  Congrats on your 2fers today, Langue_doc and cathwen!  Sounds as though there are a couple solutions again.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer thanks to my husband! Team 2fer!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Morning!

GwP yesterday. He wouldn't take (spoiler word in today's bee) but he takes helluva? Gah.

LB - forthright-turpentined, fortnight-turpentined.

Off to a start at 3 AM with mini crossword, regular crossword, AwP and 3fers.

Happy solving!

But first, coffee.

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB-2 yesterday, then turned to the hints.  Helluva?  Huh.  My last word, which I found with hints plus desperately trying combinations (because the hints weren't helping much) was helve.  New word for me!

Today is quite a slog, but I'm at Beta with the pangram, and six words to go. 

LB:  I also had forthright/fortnight-turpentined.  Earlier, I had found unprofit-thighed, but wasn't thrilled with that pair.  I have a 2fer today, too, but I'm not happy with the second word.  I may or may not look for a better pair.

Happy puzzling!