News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Afternoon/Evening!

I think I made it to almost QB before leaving home this morning. Slept three hours last night, then long day, napped, long phone visit, and now I'm still half asleep.

Good night!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Almost QB, but no pangram. QB yesterday.

quarks/sunflower

Easy twofer today, so must be the NYT solution.

ab_grp, meaning to send congrats and good wishes!

Several long days in a row.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for titmice, which is ironic because I have lots of tufted titmice visiting my dogwood tree. Today I'm at QB-1 and having a hard time finding that last word.

LB: Argh! I had quakes and quarks. I had flower. But somehow I failed to see sunflower! Oh well... I found a 2fer easily today, though.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius, but both took a while.  You're so close, cathwen! Good luck!! Yesterday husband had QBABH.  I was missing enticement, entitlement, icemen.

Argh, I also had quarks, but I just didn't really get time to look at it yesterday.  Today I feel like I'm close!

Thanks for the good wishes, Langue_doc! I hope you get to catch up on your sleep!

We tried for the Northern Lights again last night to no avail.  Oh well.  Forgot to say that we saw a very yellow bird with a black beak this morning.  Pretty sure it was a hooded oriole from the pics.  It didn't make any noises that Merlin picked up, so I'm not sure, and the pic in Merlin of that type doesn't look quite as yellow, but online pics look closer (like the second one here, by Frederick Mitchell: https://tucsonaudubon.org/bird_profile/hooded-oriole/).

Happy solving!