News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What are You Listening to Now?

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, June 06, 2020, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Streaming fip.fr on Sonos.

Astrud by Biche. Album: La nuit des Perséides (2019)

evil_physics_witchcraft

I'm listening to our death metal washing machine. Good beat.

mamselle

These early American cooking videos.

They don't exactly stick with period speech, which I find jarring, but the clothes, food, original recipes, and the general ambiance are well-done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVoekhzoKFA

M.

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ciao_yall

Quote from: mamselle on February 26, 2022, 04:58:15 PM
These early American cooking videos.

They don't exactly stick with period speech, which I find jarring, but the clothes, food, original recipes, and the general ambiance are well-done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVoekhzoKFA

M.

The ad leading into it sold red, white and blue Survival Food Packets. That was jarring.

mamselle

Yes, although my current non-favorite ad is the guy living in his parents' house whose dad invites him for hamburgers....it's everywhere!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mamselle

France24's British commentator on Ukraine.

M.

hmaria1609

"Downton Abbey: A New Era" soundtrack album:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nA_SFw9wVCC3qux0tCO-9sW5JerV22Tvc
The album is available in digital format. I downloaded/bought it from Apple Music.

Note: The movie has its UK release; it'll be here stateside later this month.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: hmaria1609 on May 02, 2022, 07:22:51 PM
"Downton Abbey: A New Era" soundtrack album:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_nA_SFw9wVCC3qux0tCO-9sW5JerV22Tvc
The album is available in digital format. I downloaded/bought it from Apple Music.

Note: The movie has its UK release; it'll be here stateside later this month.

Another one?!
I know it's a genus.

EdnaMode

I've found that Immortalized by Disturbed is good grading music. Earlier I was listening to Metallica's S&M.
I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.

evil_physics_witchcraft

SO's Mom gave him some items like a stereo and some old vinyl (she's downsizing). We just listened to "Smoke on the Water" on original VINYL (visibly warped vinyl, but it sounded pretty good!).

No, I am not that old. I just listen to a variety of music.

mamselle

I just finished listening to "Forest Drums" by a student who needs to remember that getting faster doesn't mean getting louder, and slowing down doesn't automatically mean getting softer.

Separating those two impulses out is almost as hard as getting 4th-5th finger independence to work....

;--}

M.

hmaria1609

dismalist

That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle