News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Some odd words thanks to the definitions, and got some help from the Wordplay forum again for a word I was close to but didn't get, and would not have gotten without help...

OneMoreYear

Found a weird 2fer today.  I look forward to seeing what others came up with.

ciao_yall

Onthefringe, they are all weird today.

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer.  Should definitely have figured it out earlier!

OneMoreYear

Huh, was closer to the official solution than I thought! I had journaling / graphene. I did not think it would take graphene. The official of journal / logophile was more fun. What's up with the crazy consonants for today?

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - Was short 2 LE-words so finally hit the Wordplay definitions for two new words leadenly, leanly.

LB - journaling-graphene which I never would have gotten without a hint from the LB geniuses on Wordplay. Funny because I had journaling-graph-hen and my first 3fer jangling-group-phenol.

With all these new words I hope I'm expanding my vocabulary. This morning I shall trod, leadenly to the gym and eat leanly. And, the wall sconces in my living room have a graphene motif.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Woke up around 3:30, and got to QB soon thereafter. Then went back to sleep. All familiar words, or words that have appeared in previous puzzles.

QB and the official solution yesterday. I spent a good chunk of time trying to get a partner for journaling.

Happy solving all!

cathwen

Good morning!

This is one of my rare QBABM days!  Yesterday I got to QB, but with a nudge from Shunn.  Congratulations on your QB, Langue_doc!

LB:  I had the "official" journal-logophile yesterday.  I do not have a 2fer yet today—yes, all those crazy consonants!  I have a couple of (non-)solutions that leave one letter hanging.  I'm beginning to think I'm hung up on one word in particular.  Time for a shower and revised thinking!

Happy puzzling!

onthefringe

Yesterday I shared OneMoreYear's journaling-graphene. I actually found a 2fer pretty easily this morning. I think I'm better with consonant heavy ones which seem to limit the available field of possible words more.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Pangram was the first word I found. Now 1 or 2 points short of QBAM which tells me it's a few short 4-letter words I'm missing. NO HINTS!

ETA: QBAM!

Lots of 3fers but no 2fer yet. Agreed onthefringe when it's a few tricky letters it sort of forces you to find words using those. Or ideally both in one word. But then there is no critical letter or same side issue... oh well.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Husband and I each made it to QBABM/H.  He got there before me.  I think I was expecting difficult words, and my final few were definitely not.  Congrats on all the QBs! I was surprised to see it was such a short puzzle and just expected it to be harder.  But I didn't get to genius without the 4-letters today.  I think that would have been possible but very tough.  Maybe I should have tried harder.

Finally arrived at the schmofficial solution for LB after trying a lot more complicated -phile words.  I was also trying to make journaling work! I think it would have worked with gopher b4ss.  Had a lot of contenders in the mix.  Sounds like a tough one today.  Congrats on the 2fers and graphene, which I do not think I would have found.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Easy genius and pangram today, QB can't be far off.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Tiny nudge from the solver site and got a 2fer. Had one of the words, but would not have guessed the other.

Parasaurolophus

Still two short of QB. Grrr.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius today.

LB--official solution. I found squib and bronzed earlier but had a dangling v. Then tried sequined and later quinze, but failed to find partners.

Happy solving, all!