News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Just got to QB today. Yesterday was QBABM, last word toddy.

LB:  I had whisker-revealing. I have a 2fer today, although I had to struggle to find it, unlike ciao_yall!  (Congrats!)

Langue_doc, that was some dream! 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH for marinara, minyan. My list of words is growing. LB foci-indubitably.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB with 2LL help to find the last word, mirin.  Today I am at genius with the pangrams, but I have a loooong way to go. 

LB:  I also had foci-indubitably.  I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius. As cathwen so eloquently put it, I still have a loooong way to go. I hate the repetitive bees. Last word yesterday was naan and another common four-letter word.

candytuft/tabloid

ab_grp, there's a good reason for the first part of the dream. I've been unhappy with one of the birding organizations--it's been a combination of incompetence, unprofessionalism, and virtue-signaling with the result that they (i) forgot to send the reminder/directions for the meeting place for the paid event, (ii) the person leading the walk was unfamiliar with the terrain and had not bothered to scout the area (I had to lead the way and also direct the group to the birdy spots/trees, (iii) led the walk as a regular beginner bird walk despite the walk being listed as a very specific bird behavior walk, and (iv) still leave me off the mailing list for this walk so I still don't have the usual bird list (this despite talking to the leader who I've met on other walks and who I like, and also having followed through with an email). The woman in my dream is quite professional and someone I like and get along with--I volunteered for this outfit the summer before the pandemic when she was my "colleague". As for the rest of the dream, I can attribute the scenarios to having to watch my back when on the subway, and recently deciding to stay away from Manhattan because of the arraignment.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but only one pangram so far.  Yesterday I did get to QBABM, though! Last word was mirin.  I was glad to find minyan after missing it every other time.

For LB, I also had foci-indubitably.  I had a bunch of other contenders that I thought might work, but no luck.  Congrats, ciao_yall and cathwen (and another today), and on a totally different one, Langue_doc!

And that's interesting about the dreams, Langue_doc.  Sorry to hear you have had such a bad time with that group.  Sounds incredibly frustrating! Any optimism about a change in leadership? Ugh.  And I was thinking of you with the arraignment.  Not an area I'd like to be in.  I'm glad you're avoiding it.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for denounce(d). LB with a little nudge for cavernous-splash.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Easy pangrams, but a difficult climb to genius. Missed unceded yesterday.

upheavals/scorn

ab_grp, after the former director retired a few years ago, things have been going downhill with respect to their insistence on "diversity". I like many of the leaders, so have been reluctant to complain. I had to point out in one of their surveys that the focus of this organization should be on birds and their environment and not on the skin color of the members or who does what to whom in the bedroom. This particular one did get back to me yesterday, but despite my liking and respect for this individual, was a bit put off by the "woke" pin on his backpack, and also by his reluctance to use the terms "male" and "female" for birds. I do belong to a couple of other groups, so will not be missing much by not renewing my membership with this particular organization.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Two pangrams, not near genius yet.  Yesterday I missed 5 words: (d)educe(d), neocon.  At least we got to QB, but I shouldn't have missed those.

For LB, I also got upheavals-scorn.  Congrats, ciao_yall and Langue_doc!

Langue_doc, it sounds like the focus has shifted, but it's unfortunate if members feel reluctant to address issues that may have arisen because of it.  I think it's a hard balance to strike and can be a difficult topic to have a productive discussion about.  Was there any response to what you pointed out in the survey? I'm glad there are other groups that are a better fit. 

We are all in backwards day today.  We woke up too late to be able to do much before husband's meeting, so we prioritized breakfast and delayed coffee and puzzling and even greeting the day.  I (thankfully!) have my coffee now and need to catch up.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I needed help to find deduce/d yesterday (and I even had educe/d!).  Today I'm at alpha with both pangrams, but running out of steam.

For LB, I had the "official" cavernous-splash.  No 2fer yet today!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer and to genius.  Looks like I have 7 more words.  But at least I finally got the crosswords done and am almost done with sudokus.  I am really out of sorts today!

Congrats on your 2fer yesterday, cathwen.  I'm sure you will get one today! And good luck with your remaining bee words!

Langue_doc

It's a difficult bee today, ab_grp. I don't think I'm going to find the rest of the words, and at this point, I'm beyond caring. There are things to do tonight before going to bed. It's an early morning tomorrow, and an interesting walk on Sunday for which I'd have to sit in the subway for almost a couple of hours each way.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Missed two or three words yesterday.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find adobo, bolo, bacilli, lobo.  Today I have both pangrams and four words to go, but can't imagine what they are. 

LB:  I did not find a 2fer yesterday, and have not found one yet today.  Hope springs eternal...

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

We had to skip puzzling again, but I got to genius pretty quickly while getting ready.  I only have one pangram, though.  Yesterday I was missing two words.  Husband had one (bola), but we both missed (aboil). 

For LB, I had breaking-glitch, but now I'm confused because those don't seem to have been the letters yesterday at all. ?! Nor the day before? What! Hmm.  Haven't had coffee so will have to look into this.

I have a meeting this afternoon so hopefully will still get somewhere with puzzles.  I hope your early morning went well, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Yesterday's QBwH for aboil, bocci.

LB - did anyone else get a different puzzle loaded during the day? So because I hadn't finished the first puzzle except for a 2fer b4ss crawled-divebomb I went to the hints to get wildcard-divebomb after a quick backlight-tern.

Today - Genius but just one pan, but a quick 2fer.

Happy solving!