Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

New game alert!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/10/crosswords/games-digits-beta.html

Click on the link at the end of the article. I have an event this evening and tons of work, so am resisting the temptation to proceed with the game after having clicked on the link.

ab_grp

Got to QBABM! And I feel like I'm close on LB...

Thanks for sharing about the new game, Langue_doc! I have tried it out a bit.  It reminds me of one that game out during all the Wordle/globle/artle/numble? Whatever that number one was called.  I am not good at these despite my background.  Maybe something good to practice!

ciao_yall

QBwH - so meetup is one word? Okay.

LB - was really close with blush-hem-macerated before getting a hint for blushed-demarcated.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, with mutt as last word.  Today I'm at Beta with the pangram.

LB:  No 2fer yesterday.  I had blushed, but did not see demarcate.  No 2fer yet today, either--sigh!

And thanks for pointing out the new game, Langue_doc!  It's a bit like the math section of a French game show, Des chiffres et des lettres. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I'm a bit past genius with pangram so will try for QB again today.  We'll see.  Yesterday, my final words were muumuu, teem, umpteen.  I was very glad to find them!

Though I struggled mightily, I did not get a 2fer.  So close! I saw blushed-demarc, but demarcate just didn't come to mind.  I am not sure why.  I guess it's not a word I use or see that often, though it's not totally unknown to me.  Ugh. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram (finally) and genius. Last words yesterday were menu and mute.

I couldn't get the hang of the new puzzle, so am not sure if I have the patience to find out the details.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I got to QBABM this afternoon but haven't managed to get a 2fer yet.  Still trying!

And I'm not sure about the new puzzle, either.  It reminds me of my husband's favorite kind of calculator that basically requires you to think backwards from the end goal.  I am much more of a brute force math person. 

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and well above genius. Last word yesterday was midi.

Not sure about the new puzzle; besides, I'm still behind on the crossword. The weather calls, so I need to be outdoors.

Happy solving!

ETA: More pictures from the Easter parade.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/10/style/easter-parade-manhattan-fashion.html

cathwen

Good morning!

Not a great puzzle day yesterday.  I went to 2LL help to find dammed, edema, mecca, macadamia—all of which I've gotten in previous puzzles.  Today I am at Alpha with two words to go.

LB:  No solution yesterday!  I have one today, though.

I am enjoying Digits.  I got three stars for all the problems yesterday, although the last one took a lot of time. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Not a great puzzle day for me, either. Needed a hint for edema. LB stuck on 3fers including forwards-sight-sib until getting a hint for forbids-sightsaw.

And I blew my Wordle streak after 53 so back to zero.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

So far today: GwP; missed Wordle; weird 2fer with something that turned out to be a word.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius or so with the pangram so far.  Seems like I was lucky to get QB yesterday.  My last word was academe.

I struggled mightily again on the LB yesterday but did not get a solution.  Hopefully today will work out better.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last word yesterday was unpin.

Couldn't find mates for necromancy or necromantic.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH - I missed penne despite it being on my grocery list! LB was a wild guess cyborg-geminate but it took so, hey. Learned a new word.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangram and past genius.  We each have 2 words left, but we have different # points left.  Yesterday I did get QBABM after nearly giving up! I think my final three were unpegging, unpeg, penguin.

And I almost gave up on LB after many tries but finally got manage-embryotic right before bed.  Congrats, ciao_yall! I kept trying cybernetic and such, b4ss.  Missed cyborg!

Dentist this afternoon, but I can't remember if they have good wifi or not, so not sure if I'll be able to puzzle then.  Hopefully it will be a short appointment.  We sat outside longer this morning to puzzle while enjoying the weather, anyway.

Happy solving!