News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and past genius.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy and (reader clues and guessing) for nankeen.  That's a tough one.

No luck on LB.  Congrats, Langue_doc!

Langue_doc, that sounds like a nice event! And interesting history to learn more about.  The waffles also sound delightful! I'm sorry to hear about the weather forecast for your outing, but so much can change in a couple days out there.  It's always hard for me to figure out flower delivery for my mom thanks to the variability.  In any case, I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB - remembered nankeen but was missing a KI-6. Looked on the ranked list on SBB and realized I was missing a strange one, so took a wild guess at kiddie. LB chafes-sportly.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSSB to find kiddie. Nankeen was in my list of Bee words, and kinda was a stab in the dark.  Today I have one word to go, and it's driving me crazy.

LB: chafes-sportly. No 2fer yet today.

Langue_doc, the Juneteenth event sounded wonderful.  Fun, but with a serious note.  And waffles! 

Happy puzzling, everyone!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last words yesterday were teeth, teethe--teehee!

Off to PT to get my back and legs straightened out.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBABM! Last word theft. LB betwixt-trapezius with a nudge or I never would have tried betwixt.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed our little buddy for lethal and needed that and the reader clue for theft.  Yoiks.  Some days just don't work out so well.  Congrats on your QBABY, ciao_yall!

And congrats on getting the schmofficial solution.  I had trapeze and thought subtext might be helpful but had no luck other than that.  I had pretty much forgotten that betwixt was a word. 

Hope your PT helps, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBw2LL help to find theta. Five words yet to find today. 

LB: No solution yesterday. Betwixt didn't even enter my mind.  No solution yet today, either.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. Last two words yesterday were with the help of BB.

I had a twofer, but don't recall the words--will post them later today.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and past genius so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for motto, odeum.

No luck on LB despite a lot of trying!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for moue, odeum. LB with some help to get monarch-helipad, microchip-panhandle. Plenty of 2fer b4ss and 3fer solutions, though.

Is it me or has LB gotten trickier in the last few weeks?

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH for moue, odeum, dumdum. Today I am at QB-3 with both pangrams. 

LB: No 2fer yesterday, either, and once again, none so far today.  Ciao_yall, I also have been wondering if LB has been getting more difficult. I've been finding it so, at any rate, whether it is deliberately set up that way or not. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

By the way, if you want hints for LB, if you go into the comments and sort on "oldest" the LB helpful hints thread is usually # 1.

Langue_doc

Yesterday's LB: microchip/panhandle

Went on a walk organized by one of my hiking/outdoors groups. I left the group after about 3 hours, as I don't like to walk fast, especially on sidewalks because of the asphalt. It was a lovely day weather-wise, and also the surroundings where we walked through parks and some city streets along the Hudson River. I heard one of the women behind me tell her companion about the bee and how to play it, so quickly joined in. We did switch to other topics, but it was fun to talk about the bee because both of us tackled it first thing in the morning, and were content with getting to Genius. I now have a huge blister so am sort of hoping for the predicted thunderstorms to materialize from tomorrow on--I'm signed up for a not-too-strenuous event on Friday and have to do a final trial run tomorrow for my weekend walk. I think the forecast is for rain starting tomorrow and for rain and thunderstorms from Friday on through the end of next week.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I am having very little luck so far but got up too early.  Hopefully I will get somewhere with it once we get coffee and get to puzzling shortly.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for curacy, yucca.

And no luck on LB again! I thought vegetarians was a good contender.  I was having fairly consistent success for a while there (finally!), but it seems the past few days have not been kind.  Maybe they are more difficult!

Langue_doc, sorry to hear about your blister, and I hope the weather shakes out in your favor.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; familiar words but took me a while to find them. I don't remember the last words in yesterday's puzzle but did make it to QB.

gyrations/skive--tried the latter just because of the letters, and was surprised that it was accepted.

ab_grp, hope you get to take a nap today. Thanks for your wishes weather-wise. As for the blisters, I ordered three different products from Amazon, and am waiting for them to be delivered this afternoon. In the meantime, I'll have to do with the bandaids and gauze I have because I need to do a final scouting of the route.

Happy solving!