News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Also QBwH to find indicia. Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: politics-switchable and twitch-hospitable. Lots of solutions this time! No 2fer yet today, despite some excellent candidates.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I almost made it to QB but gave up after trying to find a 5-letter word for hours when I actually needed a 6 (niacin).  I need to be more careful when I wake up and write the totals down! At least we had team QB.

And I finally got a 2fer, which-hospitable.  Congrats on your solutions!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius. Last word yesterday was brava.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for barraging, bargain(ing). LB was quite proud of a 3fer moire-eye-evangelize then finally went for hits to get gizmo-overanalyze. Those compounds get me every time.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find garbing and barraging, my last word. Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: No luck yesterday! I was looking for something to go with evangelize(r) or generalize(r), but without success. However, I do have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday we needed help with ragbag again.

No luck on LB again!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word was donned.

public/cormorant

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB with last word (thanks to SBB) odeon. Today I'm beyond genius with the pangram, but have a long way to go to QB.

LB: I had complicit-turban. I found one today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word donee. LB cupola-abominator which I thought I made up but realized that working in public sector higher ed I see a lot of that in action.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got the pangram but not quite to genius yet.  I had given up early in favor of completing the crossword first because I wasn't making headway.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for donee, dunno.

For LB I finally found probiotic-columnar after a lot of tries.  Lots of solutions!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. I had to resort to google to find the last word, which I suspect would be unfamiliar to most people because of it is a very specific geographic connotation. Words that are more common are routinely rejected, such as candida not too long ago.

Found a twofer right away, so it must be the official solution.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find carioca, imitator, and trattoria, my last word. I only found carioca by looking at hints and using Google.

LB: I had the "official" vowel-lifeguard. I found one today also fairly quickly.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwATHICG for carioca which is a proper noun, dadgummit. LB after swirling around 3fers finally got a nudge for vowel-lifeguard. Darn compounds get me every time.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not quite to genius yet and no pangram.  I jumped out early to do the crossword again.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for carioca, which I thought might be the word but couldn't remember for the life of me.  Maybe one day we will remember it! They don't take cria either, though I try each time.  I also tried cacciatori, which seems to be a plural of cacciatore.  Though it comes from a proper noun, I would think it might be acceptable.  Oh well!

No luck on LB again.  Congrats on your solutions!

Happy solving!