News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB today and yesterday. Last word was minicam.

disembarks/swot

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB for plantain. Funny because I kept thinking "With a b I could make banana, with an m I could make maintain..."

LB disembark-kowtow.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed lania, pippin, naan (I got nana after he named that last one!).  I usually get these! Oh well.

For LB I had toward-disembark.  And I got one on my first try today!

Ciao_yall, I agree, they should catalog all the added ones and consider them for use in the future!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwSBB help to find piñata and panini, plus my last word—of all things—tannin, which I always get. Argh! But I made QBABM today!

LB: I also had toward-disembark. Congratulations on finding a 2fer right away today, ab_grp! I also have a 2fer, but had to fool around a bit to find it.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Yay, got to QBABM!

Congrats on your QBABY and 2fer as well, cathwen!

And congrats on your QBs, Langue_doc! I hope they restore yours from the previous day.  You must be in the list of top bee-ers in the land!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--easy words except for the pangram, which I thought I'd never find. QB yesterday--last words were divvied, ivied.

plucking/grifter

QuoteAnd congrats on your QBs, Langue_doc! I hope they restore yours from the previous day.  You must be in the list of top bee-ers in the land!

Thanks, ab_grp. Haven't had a response from the NYT. My stats still show 42/43 words for that date. I think it was rather shoddy on their part to update the list of words long after the puzzle was released, and also rather unprofessional and immature to ignore my email, and possibly those from other puzzle-solvers.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word invitee. LB plucking-grifter.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday, last word invitee. Today I'm beyond genius with the pangram, only a few words to go. Langue_doc's assurance that the words are easy ones gives me hope.

LB: I had pluckier-rifting and plucking-grifter. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Somewhere past genius with pangram so far.  Congrats, Langue_doc! I also hope to join you in QB today! Yesterday the invite trio were my final words for QB.

I also had plucking-grifter yesterday and got another today (though on second try).  I hope the streak continues! I had a dry spell for a while.  Congrats on your solutions (and another today, cathwen)!

Langue_doc, I agree it is extremely shady to fail to address this mistake on their part.  Moving the goalposts and punishing QBs for it is not a good PR move.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--I like the short and manageable one today. Last words yesterday were paella and jake (didn't realize that the latter could be a word instead of a name, but tried it just the same).

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Hopefully to QB with Langue_doc! Congrats! I did finally join you after finding jake before bed.  I thought I had tried that! At least I made it.  Husband got to QBABH earlier, but he had some glitch that reminded me of the other day's hooha.  He said he was at 106, 39 and didn't know what else he needed, and I told him those were the totals I had written down.  I wondered if I messed up or the game messed up, but when I looked over I saw that he had Queen Bee at the top of his screen.  He got no notification about it! Weird.

For LB I got the schmofficial bayou-uplifting.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM! Last word paella. LB got a hint for layabout-typifying after lots of 3fers.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday, but needed a nudge to find paella, which I always seem to miss. Today I have one 6L word to go.

LB: I had the "official" bayou-uplifting. I found one today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius, but still a ways to go. Last word was hooey.

amour/receptivity--guess the latter is necessary for the former to be effective!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBABM last word noob. LB - just 3fers. Let's see what today brings.

Happy solving!