News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Headed toward genius with one pangram so far.  Yesterday I finally got to QBABM with hobnob.

For LB I had computative-every.  Congrats, Langue_doc, and so true!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with both pangrams so far today, but a good way to go. Yesterday I got stuck on the last word, which I got with 2LL help—hobnob! Honestly, sometimes obvious words just elude me.

LB: I had paramecium-motivity, which reminded me of biology class. Lots of solutions this time! I found one today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwGrid, last word confit. LB glove-empathetic, glove-emphatic.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to get confit, cotillion, tinfoil, my last word. Today I am at QB-3 with both pangrams.

LB: I also had glove-emphatic, the "official" answer.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius so far. Last word was concoction. I was surprised to note that coition, which had been accepted in past bees was no longer legit.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday I got to QB-3 but needed tinfoil from husband, and we needed liftoff, concoction help from bee buddy.

For LB, I also got glove-empathetic, though it took me until bedtime.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last words yesterday were lanolin, radial.

I think I'm hooked on Quordle and also Blossom. Every now and then I miss the fourth word in the former, but other than that, it's quite a distraction.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I'm a good way past genius today, but still no pangram. Yesterday my last words were dolor and llano, thanks to SBB.

LB: I had the "official" solution, quiz-zombification. I was stunned when the second word was accepted! I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL to remember drool. LB got a nudge from a friend for quiz-zombification. Okay there then...

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we almost got to team QB but needed bee buddy for dirndl.

I also got the schmofficial quiz-zombification yesterday.  That was a daunting set of letters!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB. Just realized that I had to look up dirndl , my last word, on Google.

Went birding, hence my early morning confusion regarding the last words in yesterday's puzzle.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (first word) and then a slow climb to genius. Last words were the two omelets which I don't seem to spot until the end.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find logy and etymology, my last word. Today I'm at QB-3, but they're long words, and I'm just not seeing them. Yet.

LB: I had the "official" jaywalker-rough.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Went into SBB but it was kind of whacky so not sure how much help it actually was. Last word logy. LB jaywalker-rough.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Somewhere past genius with pangram so far.  I thought there were two pangrams but just checked.  Apparently not! I can now stop trying so hard to find the second one.  Yesterday I got to QBABM! I don't remember what my final word was, but I know logy was toward the end.

And I also got jaywalker-rough.  I tried forever and finally just saw the first word, and voila.  And I have another one today!

Happy solving!