News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word cancan. LB finally got a hint for fruitlet-thanks. That is not a word. Humph.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Last words yesterday were aloe, oleo--aargh, should have seen them earlier, but still made it to QB.

flashers/skinsuit--can't stop seeing people flashing in their skinsuits.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius but only 3 pangrams so far.  Yesterday we almost got to team QB but both needed abloom.  I also needed amoebae, bola.

Congrats on your solutions! No luck here again.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH, last word mezzo. Today I have all five pangrams and only one word to go, but it is eluding me.

LB: Lots of possibilities this time! I had fastener-rushlike. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning! QB. Last word yesteday was doffed.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word was coffined. What?? LB got a hint for knitwear-rebaptism. Another what???

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 1LH for the last word, edifice, which I was sure I had already gotten. Today I have only two words to go, but cannot see them for the life of me.

LB: No solution yesterday, and none yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday I finally found the remaining pangrams, and we ended up with team QB.  I was missing coffee, coifed.  Ugh!

No luck on LB again!

Last week was busy with meetings, yesterday was busy, today we had parts of flooring put in (nothing exciting, just the joiner parts between rooms that had gotten cracked over the years).  Hopefully that's it for interruptions from puzzling for a while! ;-) In the meantime, we will have to step carefully over the weights and large water containers and crates of wine holding the floor parts down.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB for hoodoo. LB needed a nudge for gumdrop-patchy. Been a tricky week with that one!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius--phew! Last word yesterday was rigor.

ab_grp, trying to visualize the wine crates holding down the floor. Hope the floor's set now.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find my last word, hoodoo. I've missed this before. Today I'm at genius with both pangrams, but have a little way to go.

LB: No luck yesterday again! And none yet today, either. Sigh...

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangrams so far.  Kind of a slog at this point, so hopefully inspiration will strike.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with googol and maybe another?

No luck on LB again.  I agree, it has been tough lately!

Langue_doc, the crates of wine are the most appealing floor stabilizers.  :-) I am shocked that neither of us have broken a leg yet.  Not long after I posted yesterday, I stepped nimbly over the joiner outside my office and then nearly tripped over the joiner between the living room and kitchen just a few feet away.  Just got distracted that quickly! Geez.  We got used to them, though.  We left a light on last night by the bathroom since a weight plate and a kettlebell had been placed in that doorway.  That would have been a nasty surprise! We decided to leave the weights in place until husband gets home to give the adhesive a little more time to set, so I am home alone and trying not to tempt fate and limit moving between areas of the house. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Interesting choice of letters today. Missed ballyard, bodyboard, drooly, and rollbar.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday for bodyboard, dolor, and dryad. Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: fixtures-scowl, which is the "official" solution. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for a few oddballs. Last word bodyboard. LB fixtures-scowl.

Happy solving!