News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius and then the pangram, and now I'm down to only two more words, I think. Last word was--you guessed it--tutti!

Happy solving!

namazu

I was exceptionally amused that the word that got me to Genius a couple of days ago was "idiot".

ciao_yall

Morning!

Super hectic day so not much puzzle time. QBwH for rattly. LB got a hint for proclaim-midtown. Just never had the deep focus time that LB sometimes calls for.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, last word altar. QB today.

Namazu, your posting made me laugh!

LB: proclaim-midtown. No solution yet today, despite some good words.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed help with larva(l), aortal, tartly.

I didn't get around to LB yesterday.  Congrats on your solutions!

Namazu, that amuses me when it happens as well!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Short of just one word today. Last word yesterday was rattly.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius, but long day today, so that's probably all the solving for today.

QB yesterday, thanks to BB for fanfic.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Woof - toughies yesterday. QBwSBB for faunal. LB got a hint plus some wild guesses for hexahedron-nickel.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 1LH for uncuff, which I should have found myself. QB today also.

LB: I had exhaled-draincock, which was a wild guess—it's the water valve control under the sink. No 2fer today yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams so far.  We got to team QB yesterday.  I needed faunal, fulfill.

No luck on LB again.  Congrats on your solutions!

Seems like the recent crosswords have been easier than usual.  Possibly related to Will Shortz not being the editor of them? Maybe I'm imagining it.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday husband got to QBABH.  I got too busy and ended up needing help with dioxide, ditto.

No luck on LB again!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB for footie. LB I had a quick 3fer fawned-digitized-dove then went for hints to get fazed-downvoting.

Last few SBs have been short and intense, and LB has been quite tricky.

Anyway, happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and above genius. QB yesterday, last words were detox, detoxed.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 1LH to find my two last words, dodo and ditto. Today I'm at genius with all three pangrams, but stuck.

LB: I had the "official" fazed-downsizing. No luck yet today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

ab_grp, I forgot to add my two cents to your observations on the recent crosswords. I did notice that the ones in recents weeks--probably even the week before the announcement of Will Shortz's health issues--were edited by the person who does the mini crosswords. They have an entirely different flavor to them.

QB--it wasn't too bad today.