Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Evening!

Pangram and above genius before I left.

Couldn't find a mate for pluribus.

It took me awhile to get ready which got me wondering if the trip was worth the time, expense, and effort, but once I got out of town and found myself on a four lane stretch, I was glad I decided to leave the city. Traffic just flowed, (Sunday, winter) and there were assorted birds of prey overhead. Looking forward to some birding.

Parasaurolophus

Pffft, fell five short of GWP. But I'm out of ideas and it's bed time, so.

Edit: Got there with a kind of car...
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday, albeit with help on the last word:  corolla.  The other word was oarlock, which occurred to me out of the blue while watching TV. 

Today I barely clawed my way to Genius and even have both pangrams.  But this is a tough one—I don't see myself getting very far. 

LB:  I had comrade-excursion.  And I found a 2fer for today.

Ab_grp, time changes throw me off, also.  I wish we could all adopt either standard time or daylight saving time for the entire year. 

Langue_doc, happy birding!

And happy puzzling to all!

ciao_yall

QBWATHICG. Didn't know a wallaroo was a thing. And excursion-nomad.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius at least, but I am not sure if I have both pangrams or not.  Corolla, wallaroo, and oarlock were my final three yesterday!

For LB I had unexercised-daemon, which is kind of a weird one, but I'll take it.  Congrats on another one today, cathwen!

Have a good trip, Langue_doc! It's nice to feel that getting on your way was worth it.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! And I am down to 5 words in the bee, but I think one of them might be a pangram.

Langue_doc

Evening!

QB yesterday; I think my last word was rock.

I found both pangrams--I'm not too happy with the second one. That's probably it for tonight.

ab_grp

Hi, Langue_doc! I finally found the second pangram and am not surprised it took that long.  And there's another pangram that I thought might be accepted but wasn't.  Actually, there were several words that I thought should have been accepted that weren't. 

We each needed help from Shunn and didn't have team QB, though we did each get to alpha on our own.  I needed help with 2 words, and he needed help with 3, and we had one that overlapped.  Oh well! Not bad for a kind of annoying puzzle.

Langue_doc

Quote from: ab_grp on March 14, 2022, 06:11:21 PM
And there's another pangram that I thought might be accepted but wasn't.  Actually, there were several words that I thought should have been accepted that weren't. 

Congratulations on your successes, ab_grp. I too found it quite annoying when words that I thought were legit weren't accepted and words that I didn't think were legit were accepted.

Parasaurolophus

Started it far too late today, so I won't finish. I might do in the morning, however. We'll see.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB yesterday, but only with hints for the last two words—bindi and bingeing (I already had binging and did not think about alternate spellings.).

Today I got to QBABM!

LB:  I had kombucha-artist.  But today, LB seems to be having some technical problems.  I'll try it later. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

GwP then a few more then stopped. Good thing. It wouldn't take debting but it had betiding?

LB: biohacks-strum but it wouldn't take biohacks. Then turbits-shamrock and was surprised that turbits took. Turns out it is a breed of pigeon, Who knew? Ended up with cubits-shamrock.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Wow, ciao_yall, congratulations on all your 2fers! 

I wonder if turbit will show up in Spelling Bee one of these days?

ab_grp

Good morning!

I have 3 words left today so hope to get there without assistance.  Congrats on your QBABY, cathwen! Yesterday I needed help with tidbit, biggie.

For LB, I had microbursts-shack.  Congrats on all the different 2fers! Shamrock is a timely component.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Evening!

QB today.

shamrocks/submit; the reverse also works.

Haven't had the time to look at LB today.