News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to GN4L today but not much beyond.  We are way behind on stuff today.  Yesterday I think olio, polio were my final two.

No luck on LB despite what I thought were pretty good contenders! Congrats on your 2fers yesterday and today, cathwen! Good to learn another new word.  Congrats on your 2fer yesterday as well, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Evening!

QB and a two-fer. I was quite pleased to see the first of the two pan grams yesterday. Last word was lollop, despite having seen it countless times before.

ab_grp

Congrats on your QB and 2fer, Langue_doc! I was thinking of you with that pangram yesterday. 

I am down to one word on the bee and have a ton of contenders, but nothing yet.

Langue_doc

Good luck with your final word, ab_grp. They're all familiar words today.

ab_grp

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 18, 2022, 04:20:34 PM
Good luck with your final word, ab_grp. They're all familiar words today.

Thank you! Your encouragement gave me the kick to go back to it, and I found my word and got QBABM!

Parasaurolophus

Pangam, but fell short again. I'm just nt putting in enough time these days.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Twenty eight or so points to go.

Last word yesterday was automata--found the two related words much earlier.

grievances/scythe

Effortless two-fer today.

cathwen

Good morning! 

QBABM yesterday!  My last word was anatomy

Today I am at Beta with nine words to go.

LB: I had eyesight-transceiver yesterday. Today I found a 2fer on the first try!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to GN4L with pangram but not at alpha yet.  Yesterday moony was my final word.

Ugh, I had so many good contenders for LB and was close with a bunch but couldn't find a mate.  Congrats on your solutions, Langue_doc and cathwen! And congrats to both of you on already getting another one today! Hopefully that means it will be easier.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on March 19, 2022, 09:06:18 AM
Good morning/afternoon!

Got to GN4L with pangram but not at alpha yet.  Yesterday moony was my final word.

Ugh, I had so many good contenders for LB and was close with a bunch but couldn't find a mate.  Congrats on your solutions, Langue_doc and cathwen! And congrats to both of you on already getting another one today! Hopefully that means it will be easier.

Happy solving!

Me too, ab_grp! Some 2fers with words it wouldn't take, b4ss and 3fers but no cigar.

QB-3. Missed amount (gah) and a few weird words - antonymy, automata.

GwoP this morning and a quick 2fer.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I am now at QB-3 and realized I totally forgot to congratulate Langue_doc on the QB!

Also found a 2fer.  Hurrah! Congrats on yours, ciao_yall!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Smooth sailing to QB this morning! Wonders will never cease.

Last word yesterday was palapa, which I've seen before.

quicker/rentable

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Yesterday GwP, missed apellee, paella, plea. LB was quarterback-kiln.

Quick GwP and LB this morning, now Sunday crossword with Neal and an urban hike await.

Happy solving!