News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

I would never have gotten to QB without hints yesterday.  I got ambit by accident, then needed hints to find bonito, tain, and nanobot (which was my last word).  Sheesh!

Today I am at Beta with five words to go. 

LB:  I had dye-experimentation.  No 2fer yet today! 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QB with plenty of hints. Last word was attaint. But several 3fers padrone-extremity, expand-dormitory, proximation-nerdy.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I am nearing genius and have the pangram, but the crossword took a while (and I have an error).  We didn't have team QB without help yesterday but ended up getting the rest of the words together.  There were a bunch of tough ones in there!

No luck on LB yesterday.  I thought proximity was a good one.  Oh well.  Congrats on your solution, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Got to QB yesterday. Found ambit which I've seen before and bonito (fish) early on. Found tain because of a typo. As I'm typing this, autocorrect keeps reminding me that the latter is an error!

Found the pangram earlier today just when I'd given up on finding today's.

Went on a bird jaunt this morning--wanted to see if the ospreys were back in the wildlife refuge (they were).

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Yay! Got a 2fer!

I'm glad you got to see the ospreys, Langue_doc!

cathwen

Congratulations on your 2fer, ab_grp!  I just got one, too—took a while, though.

Langue_doc, your osprey sightings remind me to go walking on the trail by the tidal marsh not far from here.  I'll bet ours are back, too.

We went to a nature museum and farm about an hour away today.  The museum was underwhelming, but it was fun to amble around looking at the various farm animals.  I heard a peewee and a song sparrow, and saw many robins, house sparrows, and a few cardinals.  The farm had many ducks, several of whom were gathered in a circle quacking at each other, having quite an intense conversation!

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer, cathwen! And it's great that you had a nice trip to the farm!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Just found the pangram and made it to well above genius. Phew! I didn't think that I'd ever find today's pangram.

QB yesterday. I think the last words were roam and road, despite getting roadmap much earlier.

perjures/sheaving; didn't think that the latter was a word, but am not complaining!

cathwen, glad to hear that you were able to be outdoors.

Spring migration is almost here; I've signed up for walks in April and May. There are also drop-in walks where you just show up, so it's going to be an interesting couple of months, bird-wise.

The ospreys return to the same nests year after year, which makes the sightings even more remarkable.

Not being a morning person, I hate the 8 AM trips. On Saturday, however, I was feeling sorry for myself on my way out at 7:15 when I saw a pair of cardinals (obviously a couple) on the neighbor's fence.

So much for bird chatter.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

QBWATHICG - last word was parador. Finally had to Google the movie. LB was a quick juniper-ravishing.

Happy solving, birding, museuming, and whatever else you have planned for today.

Langue_doc

Quote from: ciao_yall on March 28, 2022, 07:16:33 AM

Happy solving, birding, museuming, and whatever else you have planned for today.

It's a weekday, ciao_yall, hence office hour, course work, and grading, alas!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB with hints yesterday; last words were mudroom, roam, and paradrop.

Like ciao-yall, I also found juniper-ravishing fairly quickly. 

Today, I made QB almost by accident (typed in letters when I was at QB-1 and it happened to be a word).

I have a 2fer for today's LB, but the second word seems iffy to me.  But I probably won't have time to look for a better solution.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Managed to get to genius and also thought the pangram was a little harder to find today.  Yesterday I apparently needed help with aurora, romp, pomp.  I think we had team QB though.

I had the same 2fer as Langue_doc! I got perjures and excitedly tried shaving, which didn't work, and then I figured I'd try sheaving.  Yay!

I'm glad you have more bird outings on tap, Langue_doc! And that you were able to see the cardinals as a reward for heading out early.

Happy solving!

On preview: wow, congrats on your QBABY and 2fer already today, cathwen!!

Parasaurolophus

Failed miserably yesterday, but seeing the answers today, I'm not surprised.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Still haven't made it to Alpha yet, though.

Parasaurolophus

Got the pangram, but didn't crack today's bee either.
I know it's a genus.