News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Only two words until QB yesterday--and I did not make it.  I missed babel and heehaw

As Langue_doc remarked, today's SB is a real slog!  I'm at amazing; no pangram.  I'll keep working on it at various points throughout the day, but doubt that I'll be persistent enough to get beyond genius.  326 points for QB!!!

For LB, I got the schmofficial solution yesterday (inflexible-emporia).  Langue_doc's solution was different--are there others?

I have a 2fer today as well. 

ab_grp

Good morning!

I got the schmofficial LB solution yesterday, too.  I had tried for a long time with paranormal but couldn't get anywhere but thought the remaining letters kind of looked like flexible, so I tried that, then tried inflexible, and after a while those remaining letters led to emporia.  Congrats on getting two different 2fers, Langue_doc! And congrats on your 2fer already today, cathwen!

Almost to Alpha today (285) with 60 freaking words so far.  Whew doggie, it's a long puzzle.  At least there are some interesting words and not a total beekeeping ordeal.  Congrats on your QB yesterday, Langue_doc! I wonder if any of us will get it today (or if there are enough hours in the day to do so).

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Yeah, quite a slog today! I've been in "nice" forever.

ETA: Tipped into "great' with 10 letter word. So it's gonna be a long one.

Did get a 2fer though so glad about that.

cathwen

While avoiding grading, I just slid into genius with the pangram.  Congratulations on almost-alpha, ab_grp!  Ciao_yall, congratulations on great and your 2fer!

Now to get to that grading...sigh...

ciao_yall

I'm in amazing now. No pangram but lots of long words.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall! The puzzle does seem to have more words that are longer than usual. 

Well, I got past Alpha and now have three more words to go for QB (307), but of course after finding 64 words, I'm not sure what's left in there.   I'll try more later but have sudokus to do and only have one contender for LB so far.

ab_grp

No luck yet on the final three bee words, but I did get a 2fer.

Langue_doc

61 words so far. I've spent far too much time on this already.

ciao_yall

Genius no pangram.

2fer - a bit messy but it's nice to have one again finally!

ab_grp

I did make it to QB.  There was only one word that I guessed, but it could have been in there before.  Lots of bee "favorites".  Still struggling with the hard sudoku, because there always has to be one grocery cart wheel that refuses to go straight.   

Parasaurolophus

Stuck at amazing with 42 words and no pangram. *scratches head*
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Try prefixes and suffixes.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on April 14, 2021, 06:12:05 PM
Try prefixes and suffixes.

Got it!

Still a ways away from QB but finally...

cathwen

Good morning, everyone, and congratulations on QB, ab_grp! 

I got to Beta yesterday and then just got tired of it.  I can't believe I missed calico, as I have had a number of calico cats over the years!  And chocoholic.  And a few others. 

I'm at genius on today's SB, 23 words.  I saw the pangram right away.  But now I'm stuck!  How can there be eight more words in this odd group of letters?

Turning to LB:  My solution yesterday was a bit different from the schmofficial one—I had frightful-libation.  I have found a 2fer for today's, too.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

My last word yesterday was the pangram. I think I need just five or six more words today.

Happy solving, all!