Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - last word was blob.

rendezvous-squib I had squib but didn't think of rendezvous until I saw the R-E-N-D from the solver site. Maybe in my brain it's two words? 3fer that wasn't going anywhere was squib-bronzed-dive and variations thereof.

Going for a hike today so not sure how much puzzle time there will be. There is another Bee enthusiast in the group, so maybe I'll get a team QB.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram so far today.  Yesterday, booboo was my last word.

LB:  Congratulations to those of you who found a 2fer yesterday!  I was unsuccessful.  Today, however, I have one.

Ciao_yall, enjoy your hike!  My husband and I might go out on a new trail later today—I'm not sure you could call it 'hiking,' though; more like 'walking in the woods.'

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I'm 4 words from QB and one point shy of Alpha but did manage to get to GN4L today.  Definitely stumped now! I think booboo might have been my final word yesterday. 

Congrats on the 2fers yesterday.  Whew.  I had squib but thought that was too short to get my anywhere with all the weird letters left.  Had a lot of contenders, but no luck.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen! I will wish again for a kinder puzzle.

Enjoy the hiking and walking in the woods! I think the latter is more my style these days.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Okay, got to QBABM.  Sadly, not tough words.  They just took a while! Husband decided to cash out and get a hint on his final word so he could move on with his day.  Sudokus are done, so I will focus my energies on LB.  I have a couple contenders, but nothing exciting yet.  Good luck!

ab_grp

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on August 07, 2021, 01:00:14 PM
Finally got a 2fer!

Woohoo!

With help from the solver site, got one as well....

And with help from a hiking friend, Shunn and the Wordplay definitions, made it to QB.

Now I'm going to bed.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB yesterday; pangram and well above genius today.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I made QB yesterday, although I had to resort to Wordplay definitions for a few words. 

Today I am at genius with the pangram.  It's a long one today! 

LB:  I had the "official" mishap-provenance.  I do not yet have a 2fer today despite having found some good words.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Last two words were new ones horal, moola.

Yesterday's LB was tricky and not many options. Ended up wit penmanship-provenance.

Anyway, happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have 2 more words to QB but at least got to Alpha and made my GN4L goal.  Hopefully the final ones will come to me.  I think my last word yesterday was moan! Fitting enough.  Congrats on the QBs!

Got the schmofficial solution for LB yesterday after trying with microchip(s) for a while.  Congrats on getting a different one, ciao_yall! Sounds as though today's could be tough again.

Time to install updates on phones, figure out computer issues (well, try), and get those sudokus done.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Well, I'm down to one word now, and husband got QBABH.  I am trying to hold off on counting first letter with him.  On the one hand, I got 66 words, so that's good.  On the other, I only need one word and already got 66 so don't want to give up on the QBABM possibility.

Couple LB contenders but haven't found a solution yet.

ciao_yall

QB WATHICG. A few head smackers, and 3 "bee specials." One of which I remembered before, but I won't say more.

LB - had a 2fer b4ss and some tight 3fers so hit the Wordplay Blog for some help. They were tricky so I don't feel too badly.

ab_grp

Congrats, ciao_yall!

I ended asking for a first-letter hint from husband and found my final word.  So close to QBABM, but oh well!

But i did get a 2fer! I had been trying with a particular contender forever and just started trying other words and found one that went with it.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. It doesn't look promising from here on. QB yesterday. lifeline was my last word--the others have appeared in previous puzzles.

dahlia/ambulatory

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - final words were electee (gah) and leftie (alternative spelling.) Remembered linnet though. I tried to go for GN4L but only made it as far as Amazing before putting in a 4L... and then got another flood of 5+ words. Gah.

LB - with help got dahlia-ambulatory and lambda-authority. I never think of using the a as a transition letter. Had a "ship" mailout-hybrid, tight 3fer dat-thrum-mobility, and b4ss badmouth-hilarity.

Happy solving!

ETA: Amazing with pangram, 3fer. Hoping for a better LB day today, at least.