News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with my last word being lede.  I never seem to remember that one.  QB already today. 

No LB solution yesterday--so congratulations to all those who found a 2fer!  Ironically, I had both type and exclusion at different moments, but just did not put them together!  Doh!  I have a 2fer today, though.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

We finally each got to QBABO.  Congrats on yours, cathwen, and on your 2fer!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Almost QB, but not quite there yet.

Yesterday I thought I had missed a couple or so words, but it turns out that these are words that I entered much earlier in the day: lolled, toddled, tell. This is not the first time that words that I enter when on the kindle don't show up unless I double-check the words on one of the computers. I thought of emailing NYT about what appears to be a bug, but don't want to get their formulaic five-paragraph rambling about how cute and special they are. I anointed myself QB because I had entered the entire list of words.

type/exclusion; couldn't find mates for coyote or oxytonic.

ab_grp

I tried oxytocin yesterday with no luck, either.  But I had it on the brain, I guess, because my nurse daughter got certified as a doula Monday so she could be with her stepsister (on her dad's side) during her labor and delivery (yesterday through this morning).  I guess it was the only way she could be in the room given covid restrictions.  A healthy baby girl resulted, and daughter is now an aunt for the first time and very tired but happy.

Langue_doc

Quote from: ab_grp on November 11, 2021, 12:19:34 PM
I tried oxytocin yesterday with no luck, either.  But I had it on the brain, I guess, because my nurse daughter got certified as a doula Monday so she could be with her stepsister (on her dad's side) during her labor and delivery (yesterday through this morning).  I guess it was the only way she could be in the room given covid restrictions.  A healthy baby girl resulted, and daughter is now an aunt for the first time and very tired but happy.

Congrats to your daughter, ab_grp for getting her certification and also for seeing sis through delivery (and for getting aunt status).

cathwen

Congratulations, ab_grp, to your daughter for getting her certification, and for the birth of a healthy baby and your daughter's well-earned aunt status!  Congratulations to the mother, too! 

ab_grp

Thanks for the good wishes, Langue_doc and cathwen! Daughter is just over the moon.  Mom looks good in the pics, but honestly it's been all baby all day, as it usually ends up being! Everyone looks way too peppy and rested for that long night ordeal.  Ah, youth.

I have a bunch ton of contenders but nothing yet on LB.  Just one set of ships and a couple good pairs with one letter missing. 

ciao_yall

ab_grp, How exciting for your daughter! Well, the combination of adrenaline and joy is very good for the complexion.

GWP, couple of 2fers.

Got to the mani pedi place, realized I didn't have my phone so I came home. Now deciding if I want to motivate back out there or shower/nap.

ab_grp

Thanks, ciao_yall! And, wow! Congrats on multiple 2fers! Still working on that myself.  Hope you enjoy whichever relaxing option you choose!

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on November 11, 2021, 03:13:28 PM
Thanks, ciao_yall! And, wow! Congrats on multiple 2fers! Still working on that myself.  Hope you enjoy whichever relaxing option you choose!

Yoga. Then went back out for mani/pedi. Came back to shower/nap.

Life R good today.

ciao_yall

QBwG2LL!*

Hello, you. It's been a while.

* Queen Bee with Grid, 2 Letter List.

ab_grp

That sounds like an awesome relaxation combo fitting it all in, ciao_yall! And congrats on your QB!

Still working on LB.  I have so many contenders and so many pairs that are so close! Dang it!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. I think I need 7-8 more points to get to QB.

Last word yesterday was moonlit.

Crossword needs to be completed; stuck on the SW side of the grid.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM!  (Yes, I've been up a long time.). Yesterday my last words were noncom and  mitt.

LB yesterday was yacked-divestiture.  I was a little surprised that yacked was accepted, but I will not argue.  I have a 2fer today.

Ciao_yall, I am dying to see your multiple 2fers! And a mani-pedi—it's been ages since I've treated myself to that. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

QB! It wasn't that difficult; found the last couple of words trying to clear my head from yet another instance of plagiarism from the same student.