News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - Yesterday, GwP. Today, Amazing with 2 Ps so far, should hit Genius soon.

LB - fineable-echolocated. Except the darn system wouldn't take echolocate or any variation of it. Whaaaa? I declared it a 2fer and kept going. Just getting started this morning.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I think it should count, ciao_yall! More inconsistency.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! But needed help with my final 3 words to impure QB.  Of course, Shunn appeared to be down at the time.  Luckily, I figured them out eventually.

cathwen

Good morning!

Ciao_yall, echolocated should absolutely count.  What a great word!

SB:  I got to a very, very impure QB yesterday. I was short of both time and patience, so I looked up the 2 letter hints on WordPlay and, at the end, even a couple of definitions.  My last word was troubadour

Today I am seven words short of QB.  I have found the pangram (took me a while, though).

LB:  I had the "official" solution:  jurisdiction-numb, so nothing unique and original this time, Langue_doc!  I have a 2fer today as well. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GWP yesterday, found both pangrams on my own.

LB - jurisdiction-numb as well. On a lark I tried, and it took numbnuts. LOL. I keep myself amused.

Not sure how much puzzle time I will have today. And today's SB looks tricky. So, we'll see.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I found both pangrams yesterday, but didn't quite crack genius.

But... I want to complain about 'brad'.
I know it's a genus.

onthefringe

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 04, 2021, 08:35:50 AM
I found both pangrams yesterday, but didn't quite crack genius.

But... I want to complain about 'brad'.

Because it was accepted or it wasn't?

For some reason this triggered this

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to QBABM! Yeah! Husband has one word left.  Yesterday I needed help for adobo, aurora, tabard.  I should have gotten the first two.

I also got the schmofficial solution for LB after thinking all day that jurisdiction(s) wouldn't work because of some b4ss issue I apparently imagined.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and well above genius. Grading and phone calls today, so probably no more puzzling.

Found the two pangrams yesterday, but didn't have the energy or time to complete the puzzle.  As for LB, I have the NYT solution.

I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver my Christmas cards. Hope they turn out to be OK as I've never bought cards online.

Crosswords and vertex are done.

ETA QB!

Parasaurolophus

Am somewhere in betaland.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer but not thrilled with the mate.  Didn't know it was a word, but it worked!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius.

Last word yesterday was probably mentee; found the difficult words much earlier.

tapeworm/snifter; I think I've come up with the former in an earlier LB.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GWP. Probably could have gone for QB because I knew all the remaining words. But then some weird word goes in there and throws me on the days I actually try for it. Pangram right out of the gate this morning.
LB - just 2fer b4ss solutions but no 2fer: frontiers-swamp, parfaits-snowmen, panoramas-swifter.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

One word to go to QB.  Yesterday I think tenement, mizzen were my final two.

My 2fer was frows-spearmint.  I ended up just trying the former.  It's apparently a front row at a fashion show.  ? I like your solution, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on December 05, 2021, 08:39:28 AM
Good morning!

One word to go to QB.  Yesterday I think tenement, mizzen were my final two.

My 2fer was frows-spearmint.  I ended up just trying the former.  It's apparently a front row at a fashion show.  ? I like your solution, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

GwP and quick 2fer this morning.

ab_grp I found frows as well but not spearmint. I thought it had something to do with being frowsy like frumpy. Or frumpy and blowsy? Is that possible?