News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Member of the Red Brigade

Started by Juvenal, June 16, 2019, 11:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paultuttle

Quote from: Vkw10 on June 17, 2019, 01:30:02 PM
My current car is a dark red. I wanted a vivid teal, with neon green, fuschia, and bright purple as alternate choices. Sadly, family sedans in my price range are mainly produced in neutrals and earth tones, with a few dark reds for excitement.

I looked into a custom paint job. Dark red looks much better than several thousand dollars for changing color.

You can also get a vinyl wrap in a different color. But then you'd have to divulge a color change on the registration information, I believe.

signed, proud owner of a "volcanic red" 2006 Mazda6 hatchback

polly_mer

Oh, you folks.  My very first new-to-me car was officially beige.  I have since moved up to white.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

aside

We did have one dark red car that my wife drove; I think the color was called "garnet."  I guess the strangest color we had was on an ancient Volvo we bought from an acquaintance to bridge the gap until we could afford something better.  It was a dark-mustard-like shade I've not seen since.

chemigal

Sigh!  I'm so jealous of all of these colors!  Since I always buy used I go by the car rather than the color when making my selection.  My last 3 cars have all been silver/gray :-(

fast_and_bulbous

Mine isn't just red... it's "cayenne". See Nissan Altima, circa 2015.

We have two cars, one is nicknamed bluey, one is reddie. I'll let you guess the color of the other car ;)
I wake up every morning with a healthy dose of analog delay

paultuttle

Unfortunately, my "volcanic red" Mazda6 attracts attention from LEOs.

Those wouldn't be lions but instead are Law Enforcement Officers.

And curiously, that attention is always at an . . . inconvenient time.

Such as when the speedometer needle is rather far over to the right.

teach_write_research

Quote from: magnemite on June 17, 2019, 11:21:17 AM
For a bit more than 14 years, had a red VW Fox (1988). No red cars since then.

Still own an orange-red Honda motorcycle, though.

Apparently, I kept reading the thread just to find another 80's-era red VW Fox owner. Ours had a pop-up sunroof. Miss that car. I also had a red Subaru impreza wagon in the late 90's-naughts. We even had both the red Subaru and the red Fox for a while - good times!

Now I drive a tan Camry because we prioritized front seat elbow room and gas mileage and that's what was available for our budget price. It still delivers on those things but it's so ....generic. Someone in our neighborhood even has the same front bumper dent.

ex_mo

I've owned a dark red Pontiac Bonneville, a bright red Honda CRX, and a emerald green Eagle Talon.

I currently drive a silver Subaru. But, like, a sporty fast one. The person I'm related to by marriage drives a very old and very large Buick Roadmaster with dark red leather interior and wood paneling on the exterior.