News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Vaccination nation

Started by downer, December 23, 2020, 07:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgher

Quote from: downer on February 05, 2022, 05:16:10 AM
Four Ohio universities sued by students, employees challenging schools' COVID-19 policies
https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/education/2022/01/08/students-employees-four-ohio-colleges-sue-over-covid-19-policies/9045575002/

This is mainly about the vaccine mandate from some private universities. It will be interesting to see if the lawsuits get anywhere.

I can't help but notice the other headline for an article linked to in the piece: Greater Columbus colleges cautiously approach spring semester as COVID-19 cases surge.

Slight correction: they are suing public universities.

downer

Yes, my mistake. Thanks for the correction.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

downer

Religious exemptions for COVID vaccines: I've seen recent claims that refers to "the use of cell lines from aborted fetuses in the research, development and production of vaccines."

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-lawsuit-religious-exemption-vaccine-connecticut-20220224-qwqb5txhezgeblrn74llld23ou-story.html

Anyone know which vaccines that was for? Seems like it would have been a big issue if it is true and had been widely known.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Puget

Quote from: downer on February 25, 2022, 11:23:49 AM
Religious exemptions for COVID vaccines: I've seen recent claims that refers to "the use of cell lines from aborted fetuses in the research, development and production of vaccines."

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-news-lawsuit-religious-exemption-vaccine-connecticut-20220224-qwqb5txhezgeblrn74llld23ou-story.html

Anyone know which vaccines that was for? Seems like it would have been a big issue if it is true and had been widely known.

Early stages of development of most vaccines involves cell lines derived from long-ago aborted fetuses. The production of the vaccines does not.
The same is true of most medications, including most common over the counter medications that everyone raising this issue no doubt uses. If you want a religious exemption based on this, fine, but you also have to stop using most modern medicine then.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Liquidambar

The J&J COVID vaccine uses fetal cell lines for production, in contrast to the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines that used fetal cell lines for development but not for production.  (source re COVID vaccines and another source mentioning some other vaccines)  Some people draw an ethical distinction based on whether the fetal cell use is in previous testing or whether it's actively being used to produce something that will be injected into them.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently