News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Random Thoughts Anew

Started by mamselle, May 27, 2019, 09:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

Dept chair contacted me about something "urgent." We sorted it out, nearly. Early Friday afternoon I report to chair that something is not right with the LMS still.

Chair does not look at the email until early Monnday morning?

Do chairs have more responsibility to check their email than others?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Langue_doc

Quote from: downer on September 11, 2023, 07:27:25 AMDept chair contacted me about something "urgent." We sorted it out, nearly. Early Friday afternoon I report to chair that something is not right with the LMS still.

Chair does not look at the email until early Monnday morning?

Do chairs have more responsibility to check their email than others?

Chair would have responded immediately if you were a student complaining about your instructor.

apl68

This morning I learned that there is something called "macadamia leather."  To me, that just sounds nuts!
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

sinenomine

Just had lunch at a nearby Italian restaurant where the background music was the soundtrack from The Godfather. Not sure if that was ironic, or just cliched...
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

sinenomine

One of my colleagues just got a new car and every time she gets out of it, she triggers the alarm. Not sure if I should shake my head, laugh, or both.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

That brings back memories of being at Vanderbilt University in the early 1990s, when car alarms were a new thing.  A lot of people around there had pricey cars with alarms, and they seemed to go off by mistake all the time.  It seemed like not a day went by without hearing car alarms going off on or near campus.  Eventually that became less common.  I suppose they learned to do a better job of keeping them from being too sensitive.  Or maybe owners of them just got better about not setting them off by mistake.

apl68

While talking with my brother over the holiday, I recalled that some years ago, when he was in the military, he served in a corps whose commander was named Funk.  I've sometimes wondered what was the state of morale in General Funk's corps....

fishbrains

Quote from: apl68 on December 01, 2023, 10:40:28 AMWhile talking with my brother over the holiday, I recalled that some years ago, when he was in the military, he served in a corps whose commander was named Funk.  I've sometimes wondered what was the state of morale in General Funk's corps....

Probably better than Major Funk's.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

fishbrains

I f*cking hate glitter. Especially in combination with glue of any kind.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

apl68

Sometimes, when surveying our shelves and shelves of popular fiction at the library, I wonder whether we have an embarrassment of riches, or a richness of embarrassments.

fishbrains

I sometimes wonder if Jesus was a morning person, or if he was more like, "I don't heal nobody until I get some freakin' coffee in me." Anyways . . .

ab_grp

Jesus was suggested to me as an item to order today through Instacart from my grocery store.  Darn it! I could have asked him.  We just didn't need any today, and he wasn't on sale ($14.99).

sinenomine

Decades ago in grad school, imagining my future in academia, I never envisioned what happened today: finding a gift bag of cannabis edibles left in my office by a faculty member in my department. What a world!

apl68

In today's paper I saw a health-related feature that mentioned that testicular cancer is more prevalent in men.  Who knew?

waterboy

3...2...1...gender discussion
"I know you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that what you heard was not what I meant."