News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The "delicious moments" thread

Started by ciao_yall, February 06, 2021, 08:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Was lying in bed this morning, feeling the first stirrings of wakening, and wondering how long I had before the alarm went off.

Then I remembered it was Saturday and snuzzled back in for a while, knowing I could stay as long as I wanted. Mmmmmm....

Share your delicious moments.

writingprof

My wife and I invited some friends over for dinner. At the last minute, they couldn't make it. We ate the dinner ourselves, then watched television.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: writingprof on February 06, 2021, 02:49:42 PM
My wife and I invited some friends over for dinner. At the last minute, they couldn't make it. We ate the dinner ourselves, then watched television.

Had to laugh at this one. I can relate.

dismalist

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on February 06, 2021, 04:42:23 PM
Quote from: writingprof on February 06, 2021, 02:49:42 PM

Had to laugh at this one. I can relate.

We too!
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mahagonny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quZU_hA4Pr4

Listening to Yusef Lateef on the computer while drinking bourbon and eating bleu cheese. How could you need more than this?

hmaria1609

Hot from the oven mozzarella sticks from the local Ledo's restaurant. So good!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Been feeling crappy, and I know it's so cliche, but dammit, listening to Bob Ross talk while he paints is nice and relaxing. Not sure about delicious, but I'll take it!

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

RatGuy

Played a game of The Quacks of Quedlinburg on Friday. In the last round, I pulled just the right chips out of my bad in just the right order to nudge me into first place. For a game I normally don't win, it was a delicious victory.

Harlow2

2 hikes in one day, both in scenery much more beautiful than I remembered.  Saw tundra swans and a fox.

Charlotte

Cold, dreary day outside and I have the rest of the day off. I've got a soft blanket and pillow on a comfortable couch and I'm surrounded by plants and a tank full of beautiful fish. A warm dog is snuggled up beside me and I have a hot cup of tea and a good book. Happiness.

mamselle

Near the end of the Chopin Nocturne he's working on, a student just burst into the most connected, lyrical, well-streamed playing I've heard out of him yet.

He sustained it for most of the page, until he hit the part more recently learned, but it's set the bar for his performance of the rest of the piece.

It was transporting.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.