News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

First world problems! Share them here!

Started by ciao_yall, April 05, 2021, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bio-nonymous

We are moving and I need to take my huge TV off the wall mount to get it ready. BUT, because it is too darn big for one person to carry/balance (and my spouse is not strong enough to assist), I will need to ask for help.

I hate asking for personal help/favors from people. I have no close personal friends in the area, only neighbors, "work friends" and colleagues, which makes it harder for me to ask. :(

This is definitely a first world problem rant!

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: bio-nonymous on February 01, 2023, 08:02:48 AM
We are moving and I need to take my huge TV off the wall mount to get it ready. BUT, because it is too darn big for one person to carry/balance (and my spouse is not strong enough to assist), I will need to ask for help.

I hate asking for personal help/favors from people. I have no close personal friends in the area, only neighbors, "work friends" and colleagues, which makes it harder for me to ask. :(

Google "handyman" (or is it "handyperson" now?) in your area.  Most places have people with basic contractor skills who freelance little household projects like this.

Best Buy sucks, BTW.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Wahoo Redux

Best Buy sucks.

Best Buy sucks.

Best Buy sucks.

Never had a good experience with them in several difference states.

Dell sucks too.  Their hardware is increasingly poor quality and very fragile.

Read the fine print on any Best Buy contract.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

poiuy

We have a neighborhood email/Facebook group where people post requests for assistance with small jobs all the time, and offer some payment.
Many of these one-off gigs are popular with High School students or any others who can do them, but are not interested in doing such full time or doing big projects.
You may be doing someone a favour by advertising your small job and compensating generously.

bio-nonymous

Quote from: poiuy on February 01, 2023, 10:24:48 AM

We have a neighborhood email/Facebook group where people post requests for assistance with small jobs all the time, and offer some payment.
Many of these one-off gigs are popular with High School students or any others who can do them, but are not interested in doing such full time or doing big projects.
You may be doing someone a favour by advertising your small job and compensating generously.

Good idea!

ciao_yall

I have gotten into K-dramas.

So I have been hearing good things about this one and Disney+ popped up an ad saying I could watch it!

But I'm not a Disney+ subscriber.

So a friend said I could share her account, and after all sorts of rigamarole we got it to work. BUT THE SHOW IS NOT ON DISNEY+ AFTER ALL! FALSE ADVERTISING! BOO! So now I don't feel bad about password-stealingsharing.

However, I can watch it on my computer, with ads, which isn't as nice as watching it on my nice TV set. But this may have to do.

Anselm

It is really annoying when USPS tracking shows nothing for several days.  95% of the time the package is moving along just fine but I am always on edge that it might be lost or stolen. 

The local family owned hardware store is closing and now I must drive an extra 3 miles to the big giant Menard's store.

With reduced student population and less cafeteria staff we have a much smaller selection of food items.  I can get by but I feel bad for those with special diets.

I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.