News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

New ideas for forum

Started by Myword, July 27, 2021, 08:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myword

How about "survey" type questions that everyone can reply, have an opinion.
Just examples: --ever consider buying out a journal and running it yourself?
What problems to you have using Microsoft Word or Apple equivalents? Why are they so intractable?
Which authors or academic problems influence you the most? Or overrated? Did your field of study develop your mind, accordingly, or were you inclined in that direction from the start?

eigen

It sounds like you're talking about a poll, which is already an option. You can either use the "new poll" option instead of "new post", or you can use the "add poll" option.

Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what you're suggesting. Maybe you could elaborate if polls aren't what you're looking for?
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

downer

Why don't you try it out OP?

Are these suggestions aimed at filling in a perceived need? What prompted the ideas?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

Myword

My only aim is to participate in inter-disciplinary interesting discussions. Not polls.
You might have to mention your subject herein.

downer

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

eigen

Quote from: Myword on July 28, 2021, 09:26:45 AM
My only aim is to participate in inter-disciplinary interesting discussions. Not polls.

Then I'm not sure what your point is?

Anyone can start discussion threads, so if these are topics you would like to see discussed, you would start a thread for them.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

Sun_Worshiper

I like these questions, and would engage with them if OP makes a thread (or maybe a few of threads, since these seem like distinct questions):

Which authors or academic problems influence you the most?
Or overrated?
Did your field of study develop your mind, accordingly, or were you inclined in that direction from the start?

mahagonny

Quote from: Myword on July 28, 2021, 09:26:45 AM

If you mean your field, people refrain from mentioning them to minimize risk of being outed. A self-limiting feature of the forum.

mahagonny

/