News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Purchases that turned out to be really, really great

Started by ergative, September 26, 2022, 07:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Quote from: Kron3007 on September 19, 2023, 06:49:50 AMJust picked up a mechanical keyboard for my office.  I don't know why, but I enjoy typing on it so much more.  Odd to have such feelings over a keyboard, but we do spend a lot of time together.

Ooh! What kind of switches? My husband got me one for my birthday a few years ago.  I believe I ended up with brown but couldn't decide between a few of them.  Keyboards can make a big difference.  This is a much more satisfying typing experience.  It also lights up in various ways, but that's just a bonus.

Kron3007

Quote from: ab_grp on September 19, 2023, 09:36:11 AM
Quote from: Kron3007 on September 19, 2023, 06:49:50 AMJust picked up a mechanical keyboard for my office.  I don't know why, but I enjoy typing on it so much more.  Odd to have such feelings over a keyboard, but we do spend a lot of time together.

Ooh! What kind of switches? My husband got me one for my birthday a few years ago.  I believe I ended up with brown but couldn't decide between a few of them.  Keyboards can make a big difference.  This is a much more satisfying typing experience.  It also lights up in various ways, but that's just a bonus.

Had to look it up!  Turns out mine has Blue (clicky), and they definitely are clicky.  Perhaps I should have looked into the options a little more before buying one?   I don't think it would be appropriate in a shared office due to the noise, but it is a much nicer typing experience and I am on my own in here so no problem..   

And yes, mine also has backlit keys with all sorts of colour options.  I dont really care too much about that aspect, but it is kind of cool.     

ab_grp

Quote from: Kron3007 on September 19, 2023, 10:36:15 AM
Quote from: ab_grp on September 19, 2023, 09:36:11 AM

Had to look it up!  Turns out mine has Blue (clicky), and they definitely are clicky.  Perhaps I should have looked into the options a little more before buying one?  I don't think it would be appropriate in a shared office due to the noise, but it is a much nicer typing experience and I am on my own in here so no problem.. 

And yes, mine also has backlit keys with all sorts of colour options.  I dont really care too much about that aspect, but it is kind of cool.   

I definitely looked at blue as well.  I still have the switch tester block, and I think blue is just a bit clickier than brown.  I do think they could be annoying to others in a shared office, but they feel great to type on.  As for the backlit colors, I have actually used them for tracking memory usage when I was having computer issues.  The one I have is a DAS 4Q smart mechanical keyboard and has software with some applets that can do a couple useful things.  Anyway, if you have access to similar maybe check it out, but enjoy it in any case!