News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Origins of COVID

Started by jimbogumbo, October 28, 2022, 03:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbogumbo

A (to me) really well thought out discussion of the lab theory. Essentially constructed by an expert analysis of messages in and out of the lab between personnel and Party officials.

I'm not interested in participating in a big back and forth. I'd just encourage a complete read before commenting, but do as you wish (duh).

https://www.propublica.org/article/senate-report-covid-19-origin-wuhan-lab

dismalist

Quote from: jimbogumbo on October 28, 2022, 03:18:44 PM
A (to me) really well thought out discussion of the lab theory. Essentially constructed by an expert analysis of messages in and out of the lab between personnel and Party officials.

I'm not interested in participating in a big back and forth. I'd just encourage a complete read before commenting, but do as you wish (duh).

https://www.propublica.org/article/senate-report-covid-19-origin-wuhan-lab

Really good piece, Jimbo. Well worth going through the whole thing. It is very convincing.

Using language as a sleuthing device makes sense. Bureaucracies and political movements of all stripes create their own language, as often to hide things as to expose them. Perhaps the most notorious expression is Sonderbehandlung, a euphemism for murder. Then there is the story told by Arthur Koestler of a young Communist woman, interviewed by the Gestapo. The head man was about to let her go, thinking his underlings had been overzealous, when in response to one of his questions she used the word Konkret. He picked that up. It is a word used in Communist circles to this day. Watch what you say, or at least, to whom you say it!

As for convincing: Detective work is like science -- run backwards. The scientist tests a theory of unknown validity with facts. The detective knows the valid theories [here, lab or bat] and looks for facts to distinguish between them.

Fascinating.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mahagonny

So what were the terms used to discuss the Boston Molasses tank and its signs of imminent failure, among the pressure cooker bureaucracy, back in 1919, I wondered? Does this special cloaked language thing happen regularly among these large scale man made disasters?