News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Terminal Dinner

Started by Juvenal, November 04, 2022, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juvenal

Reading, lately, a collection of three novellas by John Grisham, Sparring Partners, the mid-novella, "Strawberry Moon," was about the last three hours before the execution of a surprisingly young convict.  Well, it was very fraught in a number or ways (moist eyes at the end), but the part about the "final meal" kept me slightly awake last night before Ambien-time came in.  There, it was a cheap pepperoni pizza and a milkshake.  I lay abed here, real time, and wondered just what I'd choose if the choice came (I remain not imprisoned/condemned)--and that might be likely to be had (no toast points with caviar, etc.) a prison might provide for a last meal.  I thought a bit (and another bit) and came up with--well, "A really good BLT and a pint of butter-pecan ice cream."  That sandwich had better have a sweet and juicy summer tomato with toasted whole-wheat bread.  Mayo.
Cranky septuagenarian

fishbrains

Nothing for me. You don't get to use the power of the state to kill me and try to use a "last meal" to assuage your guilt.

However, a Snickers bar would be nice.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

dismalist

Can I order wine with my last meal?
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli