News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Biden signs "Respect for Marriage Act"

Started by Wahoo Redux, December 13, 2022, 02:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahoo Redux

CBS News: Biden signs Respect for Marriage Act, enshrining marriage equality in federal law

Washington — President Biden signed the Respect for Marriage Act on Tuesday at a triumphant White House ceremony, enshrining federal recognition of same-sex and interracial marriages into federal law for the first time.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

little bongo

nebo113

Clarence and Gianni are now legal in every state.....unless Clarence votes it's unconstitutional 🤣

paultuttle

Quote from: nebo113 on December 14, 2022, 05:19:37 AM
Clarence and Gianni are now legal in every state.....unless Clarence votes it's unconstitutional 🤣

You know, I had wondered whether he was planning to "revisit" the "settled-law" aspect of interracial marriages as well. I thought he was notably silent on that specific point . . . .

/snark

onthefringe

Quote from: paultuttle on December 16, 2022, 05:54:01 AM

You know, I had wondered whether he was planning to "revisit" the "settled-law" aspect of interracial marriages as well. I thought he was notably silent on that specific point . . . .

/snark

Now I want to write an alternate history short story where recent Supreme Court rulings are revealed to be a long game by Clarence Thomas, who wants a divorce but is afraid  to ask for one.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: onthefringe on December 16, 2022, 06:06:40 AM

/snark

Now I want to write an alternate history short story where recent Supreme Court rulings are revealed to be a long game by Clarence Thomas, who wants a divorce but is afraid  to ask for one.

Ha! :D

Parasaurolophus

/snark

Given his idiotic views on equality for Black Americans, I wouldn't put anything past him. Including the secret divorce plot point.

He's not someone who feels bound by reason. (Not are his colleagues, for that matter.)
I know it's a genus.