News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

A crazy quilt for a life...

Started by mamselle, December 14, 2022, 07:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ergative

What a dreadful thing to see when I duck back in here. I have all the good wishes and kind thoughts in the world for you and I sincerely hope that possibly a tiny bit better prognosis does turn out to be better than you first thought.

smallcleanrat

De-lurking to echo the best wishes and appreciation for your presence on the fora, mamselle.

You have long been a source of good advice, wisdom, kindness, and humor. I hope the fora can be a source of support for you in turn.

quasihumanist

Ugh.

I know you appreciate prayers, so I'm praying for you.

Dismal

I also hope the new news is not as bleak. I don't know how many of you are on twitter, but the ailing female academic posts seem to get a lot of attention and support there.

Langue_doc

mamselle, hope you are spending Christmas with people who care about you, whether family, friends, acquaintances, medical professionals, and/or caregivers.

Larimar

Quote from: Langue_doc on December 24, 2022, 08:18:34 AM
mamselle, hope you are spending Christmas with people who care about you, whether family, friends, acquaintances, medical professionals, and/or caregivers.

+1 to this. Wishing you the best, Mamselle.

mamselle

Quote from: Langue_doc on December 24, 2022, 08:18:34 AM

Thanks, yes.

Well-attended.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

poiuy

I am glad that you had people around you Mamselle,
I wish you the merriest Christmas possible under the circumstances.
All the best to you and yours.