News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Person of the year

Started by Sun_Worshiper, December 18, 2022, 06:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sun_Worshiper

I'm visiting my in-laws and apparently they subscribe to Time Magazine, which is featuring its person of the year in the current edition (Volodymyr Zelenskiy). This sparked short conversation about who the person of the year should be, over which there was a good deal of friendly disagreement... So what say you?

marshwiggle

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 18, 2022, 06:20:39 AM
I'm visiting my in-laws and apparently they subscribe to Time Magazine, which is featuring its person of the year in the current edition (Volodymyr Zelenskiy). This sparked short conversation about who the person of the year should be, over which there was a good deal of friendly disagreement... So what say you?

Since in 1982, the "person of the year" was the computer, they have long since jumped the shark.
It takes so little to be above average.

Hegemony

To my mind, Zelensky was the clear choice. I don't know why there would be further discussion of who "should" be the person. Zelensky should be the person.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Hegemony on December 18, 2022, 12:46:01 PM
To my mind, Zelensky was the clear choice. I don't know why there would be further discussion of who "should" be the person. Zelensky should be the person.

Coulda been Putin again.
I know it's a genus.

mythbuster

Apparently De Santis was in the mix in the final discussion.

I entirely agree with the choice of Zelensky. If you have Netflix, you should catch David Letterman's interview with him. It's really sobering.

Sun_Worshiper

A few other obvious candidates would be Biden, Xi, and Musk

apl68

Zelensky would surely be the most uncontroversial choice, at least in the West.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all