News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

RIP mamselle

Started by mystictechgal, January 01, 2023, 09:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebo113

Had a question this morning that I wanted to ask Mamselle.

mleok

I am so sorry to hear this, she and her numerous contributions to this forum will be sorely missed.

sprezzatura

She was a sweet and witty polymath; we don't have enough of those. RIP la belle danseuse.

malcha

I am so sorry to come (late) to this news. I am almost never around here these days, but I met mamselle several times in real life and she was a wonderful person, interested in many things and people, active in many communities. I had lost touch with her and never answered her last communication because of a pileup of Stuff in my own life, and now I deeply regret that bit of procrastination. Her memory will be a blessing to many, online and off.

apl68

I had looked forward to eventually telling mamselle what I thought about Salem Chapel after I had read it on her recommendation.  I didn't have the chance to read it while she was still with us.  I'm sure ergative would have liked discussing it with her as well.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: apl68 on February 22, 2023, 06:48:52 AM
I had looked forward to eventually telling mamselle what I thought about Salem Chapel after I had read it on her recommendation.  I didn't have the chance to read it while she was still with us.  I'm sure ergative would have liked discussing it with her as well.

I recently read something on her recommendation, which I'll post about in the book thread soon. It was fabulous, and I'm sorry I didn't get to it sooner.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Happened onto the dreams thread, and there she was, posting about her dreams. Was nice to "see" here again.

apl68

Just had a dormant thread bumped, and there was a mamselle post.  I still miss her sometimes.

HappilyTenured

Oh wow. Just saw this. This is so sad.

backatit

I just saw this as well. I met Mammselle in 2020, when she visited London. We had a grand time touring the Design Museum and going to dinner after. She and I texted a bit after that, but her trips across the pond were obviously limited.

latico

I just logged on for the first time in months and saw this news.  I am so glad that it has stayed pinned to the top, because I would hate not to know of Mamselle's passing.  I didn't know her at all IRL or even via PM.  I knew only her posts on the old Forums and the new Fora.  But her kindness and generosity were so luminous that they radiated from her posts, as I am sure they did in life. Thank you for bringing peace, joy, and goodness to this online community. Vogue la galère, Mamselle.  Let your ship sail on.

GuyRien

Do you mind sharing her name. She sounds like an amazing Professor and I'd like to learn who she was in real life.

Puget

Quote from: GuyRien on September 19, 2023, 04:28:45 PMDo you mind sharing her name. She sounds like an amazing Professor and I'd like to learn who she was in real life.

Unless someone chooses to reveal their IRL identity on here (which Mamselle did not), that choice stands, even in death.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

apl68

Closing in on a year now that we have been without mamselle here.  I was just going over some of my old PMs from her.  We last "spoke" only about six weeks before she died. 

Although I still like coming here regularly, it has been a poorer place without mamselle for the past year.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: apl68 on December 29, 2023, 11:03:14 AMClosing in on a year now that we have been without mamselle here.  I was just going over some of my old PMs from her.  We last "spoke" only about six weeks before she died. 

Although I still like coming here regularly, it has been a poorer place without mamselle for the past year.

Agreed.

You are missed, mamselle, but I am sure you are rockin' it in a better place now, and that is a happy thought.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.