News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Who are the forumites?

Started by polly_mer, July 19, 2019, 05:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Economizer

I am sort of retired and being in the low end of the low to high sort, actually.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

InfoPri

Retired by circumstance (chronic health issues and, especially, some acute medical challenges that some of you know about), and not at all unhappy about it.  Some of those options apply, as long as we take out the notion that all of the voting categories are "academically relevant."  I am making my neighborhood a better place, helping to make my corner of the world a better place (both of which are activities I didn't have time for when I was working), and still teaching folks informally whenever the opportunity presents itself (if I feel like it).  Life is good.

Vkw10

Six years from likely retirement, reminding myself daily of the administrators who supported my crazy ideas 30 years ago when a young colleague pitches a crazy idea to me and getting really good at finding a few extra dollars for crazy ideas.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

aside

Eight years, probably, from retirement.  Keep getting sucked into administrative roles, none of which I have applied for.  Staying active in research and teaching one class to remain sane.